The face represents the entire person just as much as it represents our face. For $25, today's Groupon brings new voice to your countenance with $55 worth of makeup consultations, applications, and more at Barbarella Beauty in San Jose and its sister salon Kiss and Make-Up in Los Gatos. Give your face the aesthetic makeover it would ask for if it had the ability to speak.
Barbarella Beauty and Kiss and Make-Up are owned by Rebecca Sell, who has been in the makeup industry for more than 20 years and, according to Metroactive, "can make women feel like a millions bucks." Both pamper places offer the same makeup and beautifying services (Barbarella is also a full hair salon, but this Groupon can't be used toward hair services). Redefine your look following the wisdom and direction of a makeup consultation ($50–$65), or learn how to expertly apply your own cosmetics with a makeup lesson ($85). Accentuate your beautiful features with facial waxings ($15 for any area), brow sculpting ($30), lash tinting ($25), or false lashes ($15) that lure positive attention to your eye globes. You can also prepare for a big day of matrimony with a wedding trial makeup application ($50) to see a facial look before it makes it into thousands of digital photographs.
Like a magnet that attracts attention instead of opposite polarities, your face is an attention magnet that ideally sends positive attention directly to your brain. Dress your face to its fullest until an admiring parade of winks, grins, and approving nods lines up at your bay window.
This Groupon is not eligible for hair salon services or products.
- Rebecca Sell can make women feel like a million bucks. As a longtime professional makeup artist and proprietor of Barbarella Beauty in Willow Glen, Sell sees women come to her boutique, salon and artsy makeup studio in a style rut and come out with a whole new look and attitude. – Jessica Fromm, Metroactive
- It's a one stop shop. Walk in feeling like regular old you, walk out feeling like a celebrity. Where's the paparazzi?...The salon is in a super cute area of Willow Glen, if you can't find parking on the street, there is parking in the back. Super convenient. – Ashley Q, Yelp
- The shop is smaller and more intimate than a lot of other places I've gone to. I've gotten my hair cut a couple of times there so far, and I haven't been disappointed! – Leona C., Insider Pages
- I really love this boutique!...Come check this place out if you are looking for something different and incredibly cute! – Terese D., Yelp
- Rebecca is an amazing make-up artist and brow shaper...she did my make-up for my wedding and I loved it… – karen b., Yelp
Technicians at Barbarella Beauty greet guests with a snack and complimentary wine or coffee as they sink into Human Touch massage chairs. During pedicures, feet soak in an elegant crystal bowl and pipe-less jet whirlpool technology are designed for both comfort and cleanliness. Because the team members only service natural nails, they avoid the chemical vapors often associated with synthetic applications, so guests won't have to cringe at unpleasant odors. After feet have been citrus scrubbed or peppermint masked, the staff can finish them with a Rockstar glitter-toes look that is as dazzling as the salon's sparkly ceiling.
As their polish dries, clients can explore the boutique's selection of eye-catching jewelry and accessories. Alternatively, they can take advantage of the crew's other talents, including body waxing, facials, and haircuts performed in front of makeup mirrors that are reminiscent of a celebrity's dressing room.