Without cheese, sandwich meat would get lonely and rappers would use the term “fungible retainer of value” as an epithet for the word “money.” Put your money where your mouth is with today’s Groupon: for $12, you get a philly cheesesteak meal for two at Barb’s Philly Cheesesteak in Tarzana (a $25 value). The meal includes:
- Two cheesesteak sandwiches (a $7.50 value each)
- Two orders of fries (a $1.50 value each)
- Two orders of coleslaw or potato salad (a $1.50 value each)
- Two desserts of the day (a $1 value each)
- Two bottomless fountain drinks (a $1 value each)<p>
The grill gurus at Barb’s Philly Cheesesteak bedeck freshly baked house-made buns with a blend of melted cheese, peppers, onions, and prime rib or chicken, as dictated by an original recipe that dates back to 1930. Fries tag alongside salubrious subs like eager little brothers hoping to nab privileged plate real estate next to the sandwich. Mounds of creamy potato salad or a zesty coleslaw tower serve as proud monuments to flora, and a treat from the rotating dessert list punctuates savory meals.