Some expressions are universal, such as saying "Mmm" to signal tastiness, laughing to show enjoyment, and clutching your throat to indicate you're not used to Jupiter's oxygen-free atmosphere. Feast on a galaxy of flavors with today's Groupon to Barcelona at Rivers Edge in Verona. Choose from the following options:
- For $39, you get Mediterranean dinner for two (up to an $86 value), which includes:
- One appetizer or small plate to share (up to a $14 value)
- Any two entrees, excluding the ternera a la plancha Oscar and the mar y tierra (up to a $72 value)
- For $69, you get a Mediterranean dinner for four (up to a $172 value), which includes:
- Two appetizers or small plates to share (up to a $28 value)
- Any four entrees, excluding the ternera a la plancha Oscar or the mar y tierra (up to a $144 value)
- For $15, you get $30 worth of Mediterranean fare for lunch. Entrees are $10–$15.
Overlooking the Allegheny River, Barcelona at Rivers Edge delights dining duos or ravenous quartets with a melodious menu flush with notes of Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Italian flavors. Launch the opening salvo in the battle against hunger pangs with bite-sized flavor rockets of calamari sheathed in olive oil and garlic, or explore the world of edible thistles with grilled artichokes coated, like a lifeguard's nose, in spiced paprika aioli. From the rooftop deck, amorous diners can nibble on colorful entrees such as the paella barcelona, which combines a spread of seafood, chorizo, and chicken lounging amid a fluffy bed of saffron rice. Gangs of four can sneak into the top-floor lounge by impersonating the ravioli de langosta al ajo—lobster-filled pillows of pasta adrift on a sea of garlic-lemon butter.
Barcelona at Rivers Edge
Inside a building that once sat vacant for several years, Barcelona at Rivers Edge transformed the empty space into a modern European restaurant that fuses flavors and styles of Spain, Portugal, France, and Italy. The revamped establishment merges international bites with views of the Allegheny River, which are especially impressive from Barcelona’s top-floor lounge and summertime rooftop deck. In addition to its extensive food spread and riverside vistas, Barcelona offers a wide range of wines and cocktails, including house-made sangria.
4616 Allegheny River Blvd.
Verona, Pennsylvania 15147Get Directions