All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed June 24, 2017
· Reviewed March 27, 2018
· Reviewed March 23, 2018
What You'll Get
- Six bottles of Cala de Poeti wines with shipping included ($177.89 value).
Journey down the Maremma coast and over the rolling hills of Tuscany with this half-case of Italian wines from Cala de Poeti. This selection combines three refined reds with three refreshing whites, including a fruity and dry Maremma Toscana that is well-paired with lasagna, and a fresh Pinot Grigio that complements artichoke risotto.
- 2013 Cala de Poeti Maremma Toscana D.O.C.: Complex Tuscan-style red with cherries and blackberries
- 2015 Cala de Poeti Sangiovese I.G.T.: Smooth and velvety red from Puglia, the heel of Italy’s boot. Great to pair with lasagna.
- 2015 Cala de Poeti Montepulciano D’Abruzzo D.O.C.: Dry and harmonious red with aromas of tobacco and leather
- 2015 Cala de Poeti Pinot Grigio I.G.T.: Fresh and harmonious white with apple and peach notes. Pairs well with artichoke risotto.
- 2015 Cala de Poeti Vermentino I.G.T.: Radiantly fresh Italian white with floral notes
- Cala de Poeti Vino Bianco: The quintessential Italian white wine
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 5 per person. Online redemption only. Shipping included. Ships only to select states. Must be 21 or older to order and receive wine; 21+ adult signature and I.D. required for delivery. Void where prohibited by law. Offer is valid for one use per order and is not combinable with any other promotion. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Barclays Wine
Offering vintages from a host of regions and styles, Barclays Wine breaks down the borders that separate winemakers from customers through home delivery of the world's top varietals. A staff of well-traveled oenophiles traverses the globe, distilling knowledge about superior vintages and the individuals who make them into an online database searchable by style, varietal, region, winery, or price range. Thorough online descriptions accompany each wine, revealing flavor notes, the growing conditions of the grapes, and anecdotes from the elderly raisins that helped to raise them, and many bottles are sold for less than $20.
The site's team of behind-the-scenes wine guys prides itself on providing an outlet for producers to share their stories, philosophies, and experiences, as well as a resource that tasters can peruse to learn about each bottle they buy.