Today's Groupon side deal gets you $55 worth of doggie daycare, luxury dog boarding, grooming, or training at any of the five Barking Hound Village locations. This year, Barking Hound won The Sunday Paper's Reader's Choice Award for the best place to board your pet.
Doggie daycare or boarding spares you the guilt of keeping your bowwow cooped up at home while you work overtime or leave town on business trips and vacations. Barking Hound's five facilities are healthy, happy environments where only fully vaccinated and spayed and neutered dogs are accepted. All playgroups are formed based on size, age, and temperament (no aggressive dogs are allowed).
Barking Hound Village also offers training to teach old, young, and middle-aged dogs modern, antique, and vintage tricks. If you already spend every minute of the day with your perfectly trained, exceptionally obedient dog, use this Groupon to give him or her an exceptional and perfect smell. Grooming at Barking Hound Village turns your best friend into the dapper little British fellow you won't be embarrassed to be seen with in public.
Each location has different amenities, services, and hours of operation. The Inn has a special play area for dogs less than 10 pounds; Westside is a 100% free-play facility; The Lofts has dog-friendly private suites and offers play groups and free play options; The Village is where it all started 10 years ago.
- Barking Hound Village may be the place to board your dog or get him that long-overdue grooming, but it caters to owners, too. Keeping dogs clean and owners happy, BHV serves free Starbucks coffee while you wait, and offers a variety of dog foods to pamper your pet. – The Sunday Paper
- I've boarded my dog here multiple times and have always been pleased with the care she receives. – soccerbetty, Kudzu
- Best Doggie Daycare in Atlanta! – goldiejones, Citysearch
- I was beyond impressed. They were so good with her, & read in depth my 2 page list of instructions... It is most definitely luxury boarding. It's worth every penny. – Chase C., Yelp
Tips For Dog Owners
Due to their nine stomachs, dogs need to use the bathroom once every two weeks. However, dogs are excellent liars and enjoy making their owners believe they need to be taken outside more frequently. Here are some tips to determine whether your fibbing four-legged friend really needs to go or is just playing a trick on you:
- If the dog stares at you and clearly needs to use the bathroom, this is a lie.
- If the dog begins scratching at the door, this is a classic tell and means the dog does not really have to go.
- If the dog attempts to arouse your sympathy by excusing himself all over your carpet, let him continue. He will eventually give up this lie.
- If the dog begins playing “Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes” by Edison Lighthouse on an old stereo he found, he does have to go.
Click here to discuss Groupon the Cat.