Neighborhoods value their pubs as places to socialize, just as they value the ends of their rainbows as places to find extra parking-meter change. Enjoy camaraderie at close proximity with today’s Groupon to Barley and Hops Tavern in Occidental. Choose between the following options:
- For $10, you get a pub combo for two (up to a $22 total value), which includes:
- An appetizer (up to a $10 value)
- Two draft beers (up to a $6 value each)<p>
- For $20, you get a meal for two (up to a $46 total value), which includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $10 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $15 value each)
- Two fountain sodas (a $3 value each)
The epicurean alchemists at Barley and Hops Tavern wield local, seasonal ingredients and an arsenal of brews as they concoct a menu of pub fare with Bavarian and vegan palate pleasers. Dining duos settle amid canary-yellow walls and nibble at a dozen organic brew wings smothered in honey ale or construct tableside lean-tos with cheddar-beer biscuits and herbed butter. A tuscan white-bean stew ladles over rosemary-infused polenta cake for a symphony of vegan flavors, and a brew of Belgian Chimay solidifies the bonds of friendship between chicken and pretzels with a blanket of mustard cream sauce. Sips of RC or Squirt wash down grilled bavarian brats plumper than an uncorsetted pillow.
Pairs can alternatively tip back with a choice of 10 draft beers from Barley and Hops Tavern’s impressive roster of local and international craft brews, chasing bites of a homemade bavarian pretzel spiced with Inglehoffer stone-ground mustard. On weekends, live music enlivens the mood as patrons mingle beneath San Jose Sharks pennants and toast to pretzels usurping the crown from sliced bread.