What You'll Get
Nothing says triumph like tearing the meat off a chicken wing and high-fiving your friends with handfuls of chili cheese fries while yelling "triumph." Today's Groupon to Barney's LTD. gets you $25 worth of beers, burgers, and comfort fare for $10. Gather up your fellow Trojans or Bruins and head over to Barney's for football viewing in its natural, pub-grown state, or bring along the family you've neglected because of their chronic sports apathy.
With 18 tap beers (including Chimay Triple, Fat Tire, and Newcastle Brown Ale) and more than 50 bottles, Barney's is the perfect place for quitting-time drinks with your pals. The diverse menu features hot dogs, burgers, gyros, pastas, and more. Die hard fans swear by the fish and chips (breaded white fish deep fried, surrounded by big steak fries and coleslaw, potato salad, or fresh fruit, served with homemade tartar sauce; $11.49); the Del Mar salad (mixed baby greens tossed in house vinaigrette with sun-dried tomatoes, feta, fresh tomatoes, asparagus, and topped with char-broiled salmon; $12.99) is a filling option for those looking to eat a salad. A mean BLT on grilled whole wheat ($8.49) and hoagies (home-cooked roast beef or turkey breast on French roll topped with Provolone cheese, mayo, sautéed onions, and bell peppers; $10.29) are perfect for a midday munch. As the weather turns colder, the succulent home-style meatloaf ($10.49) or indulgent mac 'n cheese (made from scratch with fontina and cheddar; $9.29) will keep you warm and satisfied.
The friendly servers at Barney's are happy to help, and their expert balancing skills ensure that your food arrives on a plate and your beer inside a glass or bottle. Whether everyone greets you by the name of your World of Warcraft character or not, you'll be met with a warm welcome and an ice-cold brew.
- This place is the bomb...The waiters, the chefs, the bartenders, the owners...all lovely people. The food is good, I've had most everything on the menu...it's standard comfort food. – Maria L., Yelp
- ...one of my favorite lunch spots...They always got a game on and a little music in the background. The best thing...is that my wife likes this place as well...considering it's somewhat a sports bar. – Benn C., Yelp
- This is a great spot if you are looking for a place to go to drink beer and chat with friends. They have a large selection of beers and more tables than a standard bar. – Jerald M., Insider Pages
Avoid Controversy With These Conversation Starters
Barney’s is a great spot for some after-work drinks with your coworkers, but be careful. Don’t let enjoying some drinks cause you to say something you might regret. Instead, stick to the following, non-controversial conversation starters:
- “Hey, how about the weather? I find it quite unpredictable here, compared to other areas.”
- “It is a shame that local sports teams do not win more often. What memories do you have of their exploits?”
- “If you believe that some elected officials are boneheads, then your opinion closely matches my own.”
- “Arson should remain illegal. Can you disagree?”
- “My friends in college were rowdy with many nicknames. They realized that death was inevitable, and only by accepting this could they grasp the weight of their choices and become fully alive. In accepting this terrifying burden, to choose for all men, they understood that existence, once thrust upon us, could not be declined. Yours?”
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 30, 2009. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person, 1 per table. Not valid during happy hour. Cannot combine with other offers. Tax & gratuity not included. No cash value. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.