Choose from Five Options
- $49 for a one-hour stand-up paddleboard tour for two ($100 value)
- $89 for a one-hour stand-up paddleboard tour for four ($200 value)
- $149 for a one-hour stand-up paddleboard tour for eight ($400 value)
- $49 for a one-hour night stand-up paddleboard tour for two ($100 value)
- $89 for a one-hour night stand-up paddleboard tour for four ($200 value)
Guides teach the basics of stand-up paddleboarding then lead groups on tours of the estuaries around Southport and Oak Island. Night tours use a special light system to illuminate the waters for a unique view of the surrounding marshland.
Barrier Island Excursions
The tall grass parts and small fish scatter as Barrier Island Excursions' stand-up paddleboards glide gently through the marsh. The outdoor adventure company specializes in tours designed to give people an up-close look at the Barrier Islands' delicate marine ecosystem without leaving a foot or fin-print. During the day or after the sun sets, a 38-foot 1936-model cruiser ferries groups out to the pristine beaches of Southport, Oak Island, and Bald Head Island, where everyone disembarks and steps onto their boards. Experienced guides give advice on how to maintain balance on the water and can lend assistance throughout each trip. In addition to ferrying paddleboarders, the cruiser also gives themed scenic tours, such as bird-watching expeditions, historical tours, or wine-tastings with food-pairings.