What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Your Motivation Mantra
Sweating by oneself in a gym or underground elliptical bunker can cause blinding rage or the common cold. Work out with pals in the sunshine at beautiful South Point Park during five fitness classes with Basic Training. Basic Training's instructors mix strength, cardio, speed, and power into their workouts, and then add heaping tablespoons of friendship and fun to cook up muscle-building, calorie-burning, full-body chemical reactions of fitness.
Basic Training's instructors won't make you march in step, salute them, shave your head, or do pushups until your arms quake worse than San Francisco in 1906, but they will make you run, jump, and skip until you're more toned and trim than ever before. Group exercise motivates people to push themselves harder, and Basic Training's young and energetic instructors are competitive athletes who know how to help you meet your goals for a 10K, marathon, or pinewood derby. Plus, they'll teach you proper body mechanics, and why and how each exercise works, all in an intimate group setting that allows plenty of one-on-one instruction.
Classes last an hour; they take place rain or shine on weekdays at 6 a.m. at the South Point Park (7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. classes are coming soon). The five classes you get with this Groupon must be completed in a month. Basic Training's San Francisco students say that working out while the sun rises is easier than expected, and starting the day with a group of dedicated, energetic companions is better than losing to children in Scrabble.
Basic Training South Florida doesn't have any reviews yet, but Basic Training San Francisco has been featured in the San Francisco Chronicle:
- The sun rose only an hour ago, but Mike Giometti is already leading his second class into the hills near San Francisco's Dolores Park. He heads west, then south, then west again, the endless climbing broken up every few minutes by power skipping, lunges and crunches. By the time Giometti reaches the top of Tank Hill a few miles away in Clarendon Heights, his charges have done nearly 100 push-ups and ascended 600 feet. Now they're squatting like sumo wrestlers, their burning quads serving as unseen badges of honor. – Janny Hu, San Francisco Chronicle
Yelpers give Basic Training San Francisco a perfect five stars:
- ...it is a great workout! I have met some cool people and I love being outside. If you do the morning class, it is a great way to start the day (even if you are not a morning person). – Krissy N.
- I CAN NOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH AND IF I CAN DO THIS, YOU CAN TOO! – Kevin B.
- ...quite simply Pattee has made us so smoking hot. We train with her (just the two of us) three to four days a week and we cannot believe each others bodies, how the hard work has paid off. – Christian K.
Your Motivation Mantra
Fitness boot camps are all about intense training and require an intense commitment from participants. To make sure you keep your fitness promises, here is Groupon's Intense Personal Motivation Fitness Boot Camp Promise Motivational Oath for you to yell at the top of your lungs before every session:
- Oooooh yeeeeeah! I want everybody to freak out! Freak out! I'm gonna take it to the limit! I'm too hot to handle and too cold to hold. Expect the unexpected in a kingdom of madness! Who's in the danger zone?! Dig it. I've been everywhere from soaring with the eagles to slithering with the snakes. We're in space, and space is the place! Oooooh yeeeeah!
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 18, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may purchase multiple as gifts. Must use all 5 classes within 1 month; you may pick start date. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.