On the International Space Station, brave astro-pioneers pass the time by making crafts—namely, dreamcatchers to catch the dreams of any nearby aliens dreaming of attacking Earth. Make your crafting dreams come true with today’s Groupon to Baton Rouge Bead Company. Choose between the following options:
- For $20, you get an ornament-making package (a $40 total value), which includes the following:
- One admission to a three-hour ornament-making class (a $20 value)
An ornament-making materials kit (a $20 value), which includes one glass-ball ornament, various shapes and sizes of seed beads, beads for embellishing, a needle, and beading thread<p>
- For $20, you get a Chan Luu–style bracelet-making package (a $40 total value), which includes the following:
- One admission to a three-hour bracelet-making class (a $20 value)
- A bracelet-making materials kit (a $20 value), which includes 1.5 yards of leather, one box of cube beads, a button, two needles, and 4 yards of silk<p>
Baton Rouge Bead Company’s dedicated beading instructors equip students of all experience levels with the necessary materials and know-how to create handmade wares during three-hour ornament- and bracelet-making classes. In small classes held 1–4 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday, the experienced instructors dispense sage beading advice, design tips, and seed-bead pollination techniques to eager artisans. During the bracelet-making class, students draw inspiration from the multicultural-influenced, natural works of designer Chan Luu to craft Asian-style bangles from leather and silk. Ornament-making classes guide students in holiday mirthmaking as they arrange a selection of seed beads and embellishments into elegant, chandelier-esque tree trimmings.
Before or after class, pupils can peruse Baton Rouge Bead Company’s daily updated treasure trove of precious metal, clay, and seed beads, which puts beauty into the hands of the beholder, leading to a sense of accomplishment rivaling that of a financially successful mime. Students must call ahead to schedule a class.