What You'll Get
Why stay in a hotel in your own city? The sheets are freshly laundered, milkmen can't knock on the door, and you won't have to face daily household routines that feel acutely bleak, dull, and dreary-bleak. Book a night on Santa Monica Beach to see Southern California in all its colors (Southern California has more than half of the colors on the ROYGBIV spectrum). Today's Groupon gets you a clean and comfortable garden view room (a $229 value) at the Bayside Hotel for $99, making it the perfect weekend getaway, romantic getaway, or getaway to watch the Charlie Sheen movie The Getaway.
The Bayside Hotel is a 44-room, non-smoking hotel with WiFi and free parking (click here to see photos). It's just minutes from the Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, and Venice Beach, so there's plenty of activities to enjoy if you get tired of enjoying the beach, which is a top-rated enjoyment enjoyed by hundreds of living human beings.
This Groupon has no limit and is available for almost any date, so you can vacation on the beach whenever you want as long as you want (you can't use this Groupon November 4–11, December 24–26, December 31, or January 1). If you want to stay at the Bayside Hotel on one of those dates or after the May 1, 2010 expiration date, you can redeem it as a $99 gift certificate to be credited toward the room and tax. It's a great deal for out-of-town guests you're anticipating, or to give as a surprise gift "vacation" to temporarily vacation someone out of your life.
Travelers on TripAdvisor give the Bayside Hotel an average three stars:
- Love it here - we only stayed one night, but for the price, the location was fantastic. – DBGBoston_MA
- Cozy and clean :) Walking distance to both happening mainstreet and the fantastic 3rd street promenade! – OsloBeate
- The bathroom was spotless with neutral decor and a powerful shower. The hotel is right by the beach, and only a few minutes to the pier. – SJ13London
Hotel Tipping Etiquette
Tipping etiquette for hotel staff can be confusing. Follow this handy guide to match the staff's actions with the appropriate tip amount:
- Bellboy: Brings your bags to your room: $3. Cobbles you a pair of shoes: $5.
- Concierge: Makes restaurant reservations: $5. Ignores you but invents inexpensive hologram technology: $8.
- Waiter: Delivers room service: $5. Holds you at knifepoint and demands a ransom for your safety: $0. Waiter reveals he was only kidding and serenades you with Spanish-style guitar ballads: $7.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 2, 2010. Amount paid never expires. 1 Groupon is for one night. Rooms based on availability. Call to reserve. Tax+Gratuity not included. Not available 11/04-11/11, 12/24-12/26, 12/31-01/01 Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.