All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed January 31, 2017
· Reviewed January 3, 2017
· Reviewed December 7, 2016
What You'll Get
Choose from 11 Options
- $25 for one laser hair-removal treatment for a small area ($100 value)
- $55 for one laser hair-removal treatment for a medium area ($150 value)
- $75 for one laser hair-removal treatment for a large area ($250 value)
- $55 for three laser hair-removal treatments for a small area ($300 value)
- $90 for three laser hair-removal treatments for a medium area ($450 value)
- $129 for three laser hair-removal treatments for a large area ($750 value)
- $999 for six full body laser hair-removal treatments ($4,999 value)
- $599 for three full body laser hair-removal treatments ($2,999 value)
- $89 for six laser hair-removal treatments for a small area ($600 value)
- $159 for six laser hair-removal treatments for a medium area ($800 value)
- $209 for six laser hair-removal treatments for a large area ($1,000 value)
Valid for select treatment areas.
Laser Hair Removal: Freeing Follicles with a Flash
Laser hair removal can effectively eliminate unwanted hair in just a few treatments. Read on to learn more about how a beam of light results in smooth skin.
Laser hair-removal treatments eliminate unwanted hair using a focused beam of light at a fixed wavelength. This light naturally targets a type of pigment known as melanin—the same chemical responsible for skin tanning—within the hair follicles, heating the follicles that are in their active growth phase to discourage future hairs from sprouting. Because the melanin absorbs the focused light, IPL treatments can eliminate hair while having little impact and causing only limited irritation to surrounding skin cells. However, this basic principle also limits the conditions in which IPL treatments can be effective. Those with darker skin and fairer hair, for instance, may require extra sessions, and gray hairs—that is, hairs that lack melanin altogether—are too wise and set in their ways to be affected. Tanning may affect the melanin in the hair as well, so patients are discouraged from sunbathing before their treatment.
What to Expect
Although there are different types of laser hair-removal devices, most have the same basic functionality. In a typical treatment, a technician presses a handheld laser device against a target area, emitting a quick pulse of light that can treat multiple hairs at once in a split second; for most patients, this will feel like someone is pinching the area of skin being treated. Most devices also have a gentle vacuum on the end that sucks hair and skin toward the laser emission, making it easier to target the follicles.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Consultation required; non-candidates and other refund requests will be honored before service provided. Appointment required. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. New clients only. Valid only for select treatment areas. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.