Identifying different flavor notes in wine is a mark of refinement, like discerning the pedigree of a horse by its taste in jazz. Sip on singular vintages with today’s Groupon.
$19 for a wine-bar outing for two (a $40.95 value), which includes:
- Two wine flights (a $26 value)
- Four glasses per flight
- White and red flights available
- International and domestic flights available with a combination of whites and reds<p>
- One large stuzzichini plate (a $14.95 value)
- Cheeses, veggies, and cold cuts
- Served on wooden cutting board<p>
Beach Gallery & Café
An oversize globe floats above the wine sippers at Beach Gallery & Café, but it is not held up by a freelancing titan. Instead, the sphere perches on a homemade bird's nest symbolic of BG&C's commitment to the environment. Exhibitions of nature photography bedeck the café-cum-art-gallery's warm orange walls, and a portion of each purchase from the menu of frittatas, pastries, and cheeses goes toward environmental efforts. On many evenings, live jazz, soul, and blues music washes down glasses of international and domestic wines or the café's signature coffee drinks such as the corto, a single shot distilled from strong blended beans.