Choose from Three Options
- $19 for a choice of Intro to Beading Class, Leather Wrap Bracelet Class, or Right Angle Weave Class and $10 worth of supplies for one (up to a $40 value)
- $37 for a choice of Intro to Beading Class, Leather Wrap Bracelet Class, or Right Angle Weave Class and $10 worth of supplies for two (up to a $80 value)
- $72 for a choice of Intro to Beading Class, Leather Wrap Bracelet Class, or Right Angle Weave Class and $10 worth of supplies for four (up to a $160 value)
- Into to Beading: Learn the fundamentals of jewelry-making with this class geared toward beginners. After a lesson on common tools and materials, students learn design basics through examples, explanation, and hands-on work.
- Leather Wrap Bracelet: Keep wrists trendy with one of these stylish beaded and stitched leather bracelets. Students can choose from provided material, including understated stones and eye-catching faux gems, before learning step-by-step lessons on crafting their bracelet.
- Right Angle Weave: Master the basics of the right-angle weave, a stitch that adds subtle depth and texture to any beading project. Students spend the class crafting and embellishing a flat bracelet, which they can then show off at home.
Beads on the Ave
Beads on the Ave combines an impressive selection of gewgaws with expert instruction from the likes of Tonia Turner, affectionately known as "The Bead Doctor." Inside the shop, Swarovski pendants, semiprecious and precious stones, and glittering pieces from local artists glimmer as light floods through them from the all-glass storefront. In the spacious back room, instructors lead up to 25 students through a range of hands-on classes, teaching them how to create stunning works of wearable art as they sip on brought-from-home libations. The teacher provides supplies appropriate for each class, though they may charge extra for specialty beads, more expensive materials, or top-secret access codes to the White House's ruby vault.