- $329 for a Texan getaway for two ($801.90 value)
The package includes:
- Three days and two nights of acommodations in a suite (a $436 value)
- Two guided activities per person: one on Saturday morning and one on Sunday morning (up to a $220 value)
- Two Friday-night fish fry meals and two nonalcoholic drinks (a $34.95 value)
- Two Saturday-night chuck wagon steak dinners and two nonalcoholic drinks (a $93 value)
- Two mornings of breakfast meals in the Branding Room cafe (a $17.95 value)
An ornate, cast-iron sign dominated by a big letter B hangs above a dusty trail, welcoming visitors onto 800-acre Beaumont Ranch. A working cattle operation, the ranch is a study in down-home contrast: for every Texas longhorn there's a luxury guest suite done up in Southwest splendor. And for every trail marking denoting an 1880s cowboy stopover, there's a reminder of the modern amenities at each guest's fingertips—most notably the glaring lack of outhouses. Accommodations include B&B suites and guest cabins, and dining choices include The Branding Room cafe, fish fries every Friday night, and chuck wagon meals cooked over an open flame. A pair of 20,000-square-foot event spaces also make Beaumont a popular destination for wedding receptions and company retreats.
But life on the ranch isn't all eating, sleeping, and making faces at cattle. The land affords plenty of space for outdoor activities, including zip-lining, ATV tours, and clay shooting. Guests can also take part in horseback cattle drives and roping lessons, working alongside the ranch's own cattle hands.