Today’s deal will make you the belle or belleman of the ball, even if you have two left feet and two additional left feet for hands. This Groupon is good for three private one-hour dance lessons for an individual or couple at Beginners Only ballroom dance studio for $65—that's one third the regular price. Master your feather step reverse turn without breaking the bank.
For more than 50 years, Beginners Only founder Allen Darnel has taught new dancers how to burn the floor through a wide variety of smooth and Latin styles, including foxtrot, waltz, swing, salsa, tango, mambo, rumba, and country two-step. Group dance lessons can be intimidating, so private lessons are a great way for beginners to practice before performing in front of important audiences. Ballroom dance builds coordination, rhythm, and grace, and is an uncommonly fun form of low-impact exercise. The three lessons are good for an individual or couple in any chosen style or styles. Call for an appointment, put on your dancing shoes, and get out on the floor!
Many happy students testify that they're lighter on their feet thanks to a few lessons at Beginners Only:
- Thanks to you, Ben & I were a hit!!! Our first dance to "Fly me to the moon" was sensational! We received so many compliments & we owe it to you! – Melanie and Ben
- Dance lessons are the very affordableest [sic] therapy in town. Mr. Allen Darnel is a distinguished instructor, the price is right, and the experience has been nothing but fun. – Russell W. Hall, Attorney at Law
Citysearchers give Beginners Only a twinkling four stars:
- My boyfriend had never taken a dance lesson before this, and now he really looks forward to going. I have taken some group dance classes and there is no comparison to doing private lessons, especially with Mr. Darnel. – isaraarasi
- My fiancé and I had no ballroom dancing skills, and Allen totally brought us up to respectable dancing level. – amcody
Amateurs in Business, but Not in Life
Allen Darnel’s Beginners Only dance studio caters, obviously, to beginners only. After seeing the power of amateurs, some of Allen’s students have gone on to create the following Houston businesses staffed entirely by beginners:
- Houston Untrained Firefighting Squadron (HUFS)
- Abecedarian Inpatient Clinic
- Ben Davies, 15-Year-Old Driving Instructor
- Amalgamated Nonprofessional Pharmaceuticals
Beginners Only Social Ballroom & Latin Dance Studio
It's not easy to take over for a guy like Allen Darnel, a 55-year ballroom-dance veteran who taught celebrities such as Zsa Zsa Gabor and Aldous Huxley. But now W. Michael Smith and Enrique Baez-Trevino are cutting in on the recently retired Beginners Only Social Ballroom & Latin Dance Studio founder's waltz, and they have impressive resumés of their own to brandish. Baez-Trevino has studied under prominent trainers since he was 13, and Smith has trained in both theater and broadcasting, a background he believes helps him give clear instructions to his students. These two masters lead 45-minute private lessons for individuals and couples. sharing their knowledge of swing, salsa, and the tango in private rooms. The schedule is unusually flexible, with lessons available from 2pm until 9pm Monday through Saturday.