All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed September 16, 2016
· Reviewed September 13, 2016
Reviewed July 10, 2016
What You'll Get
Today’s deal will make you the belle or belleman of the ball, even if you have two left feet and two additional left feet for hands. This Groupon is good for three private, one-hour, ballroom or choreographed dance lessons for an individual or couple at Beginners Only Social Ballroom Latin Dance Studio for $65. So you can master your feather step reverse turn without breaking the bank.
For more than 50 years, Beginners Only founder (and "Dancing with the Stars" instructor) Allen Darnel has taught new dancers how to burn up the floor through a wide variety of smooth and Latin styles, including foxtrot, waltz, swing, salsa, tango, mambo, rumba, and country two-step. Group dance lessons can be intimidating, so private lessons are a great way for beginners to practice before performing in front of important audiences. Ballroom dance builds coordination, rhythm, and grace, and is an uncommonly fun form of low-impact exercise. The three lessons are good for an individual or couple in any chosen style or styles. Beginners Only is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week, and is located nine blocks west of the Galleria, past Fountain View. Call ahead to schedule your appointment.
Many happy students testify that they're lighter on their feet thanks to a few lessons at Beginners Only:
- Thanks to you, Ben & I were a hit!!! Our first dance to "Fly me to the moon" was sensational! We received so many compliments & we owe it to you! – Melanie and Ben
- Dance lessons are the very affordableest [sic] therapy in town. Mr. Allen Darnel is a distinguished instructor, the price is right, and the experience has been nothing but fun. – Russell W. Hall, Attorney at Law
Citysearchers give Beginners Only a twinkling four stars:
- My boyfriend had never taken a dance lesson before this, and now he really looks forward to going. I have taken some group dance classes and there is no comparison to doing private lessons, especially with Mr. Darnel. – isaraarasi
- My fiancé and I had no ballroom dancing skills, and Allen totally brought us up to respectable dancing level. – amcody
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 29, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Valid for couples or singles; limit 1 per person or couple. May buy multiple as gifts. By appointment only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Beginners Only Social Ballroom & Latin Dance Studio
It's not easy to take over for a guy like Allen Darnel, a 55-year ballroom-dance veteran who taught celebrities such as Zsa Zsa Gabor and Aldous Huxley. But now W. Michael Smith and Enrique Baez-Trevino are cutting in on the recently retired Beginners Only Social Ballroom & Latin Dance Studio founder's waltz, and they have impressive resumés of their own to brandish. Baez-Trevino has studied under prominent trainers since he was 13, and Smith has trained in both theater and broadcasting, a background he believes helps him give clear instructions to his students. These two masters lead 45-minute private lessons for individuals and couples. sharing their knowledge of swing, salsa, and the tango in private rooms. The schedule is unusually flexible, with lessons available from 2pm until 9pm Monday through Saturday.