All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Growling stomachs can hamper stealth operations, spoil belly dances, and, in extreme cases, induce dogs to attack. Quiet whimpering tummy tones with today’s Groupon to Bella Cucina Artful Food. Choose from the following options:
- For $10, you get a Mediterranean lunch for two (up to a $24.78 total value) that includes:
- Two panini (up to a $14.98 value)
- Choice of two salads: pasta or potato (a $5.90 value)
- Two Death by Chocolate cookies (a $3.90 value)<p>
- For $20, you get a Mediterranean lunch for four (up to a $49.56 total value) that includes:
- Four panini (up to a $29.96 value)
- Choice of four salads: pasta or potato (an $11.80 value)
- Four Death by Chocolate cookies (a $7.80 value)<p>
- For $25, you get $50 toward locally made Bella Cucina food and gifts.<p>
- For $45, you get $100 toward locally made Bella Cucina food and gifts.<p>
Alisa Barry, chef and creator of Bella Cucina Artful Food, concocts delicacies in her charming Virginia Highland takeaway cafe and European-style gourmet food hall, known for its best-selling pestos, pasta sauces, and artfully packaged gifts. Munching masses can savor expertly squished panini, recently voted preferable to burgers crushed by a monster truck. Bread fillings include La Quercia prosciutto with roasted balsamic peppers and locally-sourced roasted chicken with Meyer lemon relish. Alternatively, patrons eager to try out at-home sandwich-making can snatch up artisanal provisions, such as one of a dozen pestos including the Oprah O list favorite artichoke lemon. Pep up a friend’s morning scone with a gift of two citrus spreads, or expand recipe horizons with cookbooks, such as the owner’s own La Bella Vita. The book features favorite recipes from the café, and every 100th copy sold comes with one free pass for judgment-free plate licking.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person, may buy multiple as gifts for $50 and $100 gift certificate options. Limit 1 per visit. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. In-store only. Valid only Bella Cucina brand food & gifts. Mediterranean lunch options expire 2/2/12. $50- and $100-credit options expire 12/15/11. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Bella Cucina
On a 6-acre farm in rural Georgia, Bella Cucina owner Alisa Barry and her team of chefs cook produce from their organic garden into small batches of artisanal sauces, spreads, and olive oils. Their "unbelievably delicious" artichoke-lemon pesto earned a spot on Oprah’s O List in 2004, and Atlanta: 365 Days, 365 Thing To Do calls the full roster of sauces "mouthwatering."
But the food is only one part of Barry’s mission to empower gourmands. She also stocks shelves with dozens of Italian cookbooks that brim with slow-food recipes and designs a line of ceramic cookware that respond to junk food by defensively sealing their lids.