Modern-day spas are nearly identical to Roman baths in that both extend equal pampering opportunities to humans and their gladiator-consuming leonine counterparts. Do as the Romans do with today’s Groupon to Bella Nova Day Spa & Retreat on Highway 6 North. For $69, both new and existing clients get their choice of one of the following four spa packages (all package values include the value of the $60 waived membership fee):
- Ultrasonic facial with hand treatment (a $185 value)
- Rejuvenating mind and body wrap with hand treatment (a $205 value)
- 90-minute mani-pedi with scalp massage (a $150 value)
- 55-minute fire and ice massage with hand treatment (a $185 value)
If you sign up for a Stress Relief membership on the day of your service, the membership fee of $10 a month is waived for six months. As a Stress Relief member, a monthly payment of $59 entitles members to a Bella custom massage or facial service each month for a year.
Bella Nova Day Spa & Retreat combines a quiet, comfortable atmosphere with decadent spa treatments for unrelaxed treatees. Freshen a frontispiece with the ultrasonic facial ($110), which reduces wrinkles and exfoliates the body’s expression factory without making a sound. With the rejuvenating mind and body wrap, customers enter a rosemary- and peppermint-scented cocoon, then emerge as a giant butterfly with perfectly smoothed and exfoliated wings ($130). The 90-minute mani-pedi treatment ($70) delights the fingers of hands and feet, and the 55-minute fire and ice massage uses heated and cooled stones worn smooth by Italian rivers to awaken the senses and ease overworked muscles ($110). Each package also includes a special hand treatment—featuring scrubs, massage, and paraffin ($15)—except for the mani-pedi, which noogies the skin of scalps with an invigorating massage ($20).
Pampered patrons can enjoy a fresh beverage and snack while awaiting treatment in one of the spa’s softly lit rooms, where bedsheets are sprinkled with rose petals and drapes hang in the air like the mist from ice-cream waterfalls. Call ahead to schedule an appointment, and arrive 20 to 30 minutes prior to treatment to achieve maximum relaxation and maintain proper spa etiquette.
Cancellations require at least a 24 hours' notice, or the Groupon is forfeited.
- I have been going to Bella Nova for years now and i love it. i have been to lots of different spas around Houston and this is my favorite one. They offer a ton of services and the staff is wonderful. The environment is very relaxing and I always feel like a new person when I leave there. – tarababyq, Citysearch
- This is the nicest day spa in the area, and truly is a retreat. They have a wide selection of massage types, and also offer manicures, pedicures, body wraps etc. Extremely nice and clean. They have a quiet room so you can get your mind clear before hand as well. – Bob F., Insider Pages
Bella Nova Day Spa & Retreat
Bella Nova Day Spa & Retreat's owner, Julie Puccio, purveys a host of clinical and traditional beautifying treatments within the spa's private treatment rooms and Vichy shower, including facials, firming body wraps, and complete salon services for men, women, and children. Gauzy curtains drape over massage beds where clients can receive one of Bella Nova's nine massage modalities to help regulate energy flow and disprove the myth that tiny balloon animals dwell just beneath the skin's surface.