After crocogators, poor fitness is the number one cause of the night-scaries. With today's Groupon, turn the nightmare where you end up bare-bellied in biology class into a dream of goddess-like energy and strong, snake-charming abs: for $50, you get an eight-week beginner class (up to a $112 value) at Bellydance Kalamazoo, located in the Entertainment District. Weekly classes begin on the following dates:
- Tuesday, January 4 from 5:30–7 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 5 from 7:30–9 p.m.
- Monday, January 31 from 5:15–6:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 1 from 5:30–7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 2 from 7:30–9 p.m.
Bellydance Kalamazoo offers people of all ages and body types a fun, fitness-focused dance program while promoting cultural awareness and nurturing creativity. The beginner class provides 90 minutes of once-a-week instruction in traditional Middle Eastern movements and the proper use of finger cymbals, toe trumpets, and veils. Each session begins with a complete warm-up and ends with a cool down; in between, students wriggle and gyrate for a full 70 minutes as they learn basic Egyptian and Saudi techniques. Classes are led by an experienced teacher with a knack for explaining the art of belly dance in an understandable fashion. Although finger cymbals and a veil are not included in the Groupon, they are required for participation and, like immortality, can be purchased at the studio.
Seven TeachStreet reviewers give Bellydance Kalamazoo a perfect five stars:
- I have been studying with Kim for close to two years now and absolutely LOVE her enthusiasm. Not only does she love teaching but also encourages students to learn a wide variety of styles. – Monica Harris
- Kim Patrie is not only a beautiful dancer; she is also a fantastic teacher. Bellydance looks much easier than it actually is, and therefore requires a teacher who can demonstrate and explain intricate moves to a class of beginners. – Charlotte Marvin
Central Business District
431 E South St.
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49007Get Directions