What You'll Get
- $75 for two hours of moving services with two men and a 26-foot truck ($175 value)
Four Things to Know About Bubble Wrap
Along with cardboard boxes, newspaper, and pizza, bubble wrap is a moving must-have. Read on to learn more about the plastic bubbles that protect your stuff.
1. The term “bubble wrap” is trademarked. Bubble Wrap is actually a brand name owned by the Sealed Air Corporation, but the term has joined the generic lexicon much like “aspirin” or “zipper.”
2. Popping bubble wrap is a proven stress reliever—at least according to a Western New England College study published in 1992. More recently, a poll conducted by the Sealed Air Corporation in 2012 found that one minute spent popping wrap relieved as much stress as a 33-minute massage.
3. The Bubble Wrap design had a brief, failed stint as 3-D wallpaper. While looking out an airplane window, one of the product’s engineers found inspiration in the clouds—literally, since the clouds seemed to cushion the plane’s descent. Voilà. The once-hopeless product found a new purpose in lining packages and airport tarmacs.
4. There’s a Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day. Chase’s Calendar of Events lists it as the last Monday in January.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Valid only within 10 miles of 34684. Extra fee applies outside this area. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1/person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1/household. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Valid only for option purchased. All services must be used by same person. Residential services only. Valid for new jobs only. 3-hr min. Additional fee of $10/hr for service on Sunday. All time over the initial 2-hrs will have an additional fee of $90/hr Mon-Sat, and $100/hr on Sun. Extra fee for pianos, grandfather clocks, & safes. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.