Choose from Four Options
- $89 for upper pigeon rafting trip for four: valid through June 29, 2017 ($135.80 value)
- $129 for upper pigeon rafting trip for six: valid through September 3, 2017 ($203.70 value)
- $75 for lower pigeon rafting trip for four: valid through June 29, 2017 ($111.80 value)
- $105 for lower pigeon rafting trip for six: valid Through September 3, 2017 ($167.70 value)
Big Bear Rafting
The rolling peaks and rushing waters of the Great Smoky Mountains provide the backdrop for Big Bear Rafting's rafting treks. Led by local river guide Daniel Sutton, each fully escorted rafting trip pits guests against the sprays and currents of the Pigeon River, which snakes its way through the lush mountain landscape along the Tennessee-North Carolina border. Before you grab your paddle, read on to learn more about each trip:
- Upper Pigeon Whitewater Rafting: Beginning at the state line, this adrenalin blasting trip finds rafters navigating their way through five miles of Class III and IV rapids. When they're not concentrating on the rapids, rafters can take in the scenery of the Big Pigeon River Gorge, which cuts a scenic path through the surrounding mountains.
- Lower Pigeon Scenic Rafting: Available at limited times throughout the year, this easygoing journey takes place in the beginner-friendly Class I and II rapids of the Lower Pigeon River. The scenery is just as awe-inspiring as that of its big brother; the river flows through the heart of the stately Cherokee National Forest, where towering timbers provide cool, pine-scented protection from the sun's UV rays and dirty looks.