Tactical training simulates real-world danger, such as encountering Professor Plum with the candlestick in the library. Secure every room in the mansion with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $59 for a 10-hour Texas concealed-handgun-license course with range time for one (a $120 value)
- $99 for a 10-hour Texas concealed-handgun-license course with range time for two (a $240 value)
- $179 for a 10-hour Texas concealed-handgun-license course and a 4-hour defensive handgun class for one (a $370 value)
- $279 for a 10-hour Texas concealed-handgun-license course and a 4-hour defensive handgun class for two (a $740 value)
See the online scheduler for available dates and times.
During the 10-hour concealed-handgun class, a trainer with more than 12 years of professional armed bodyguard experience takes participants through every step of the requirements to apply for a concealed-handgun license. This includes lecture-based instruction as well as time at a range (range fees and safety equipment are included). The instructors teach participants to be proficient in real-world defensive situations such as muggings, robberies, and home invasions, administer a shooting-proficiency test, and can help prepare paperwork and arrange for fingerprinting.
The defensive handgun class teaches shooters to handle a gun in several different situations. Instructors demonstrate techniques and lead extensive drills with steel and paper targets, which are set at various heights and distances. Participants simulate real-world defensive situations, learning to draw and shoot, move and shoot, perform rapid reloads, and use cover concealment.
Classes do not include gun rental or ammunition. Customers may bring their own guns and ammunition or rent them from Big Boar Tactical ($20 for 50 rounds of ammunition; $25 for 50 rounds of ammunition and a gun rental). Classes are held at various classroom locations and scheduled every other week on Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and the shooting location is in Aubrey.
Though this merchant sometimes offers a discounted price online, this Groupon is still the best deal available.
Big Boar Tactical
- Private outdoor shooting range
- Accommodates handguns, shotguns, assault rifles, and sniper rifles
- Targets set at varying heights and distances
- Steel target configurations
- Students are encouraged to bring their own guns
- Limited selection of rental firearms
At a Glance
Big Boar Tactical doesn't train its clientele with typical stationary, paper targets. Instead, the trainers—each of whom has more than 12 years of professional armed-bodyguard experience—take beginners through drills that teach relevant skills. These might include learning to draw a gun, move, and shoot during the intro to handgun class or honing one-handed accuracy and using cover and concealment during the tactical combat handgun training course. These instructors can also help customers obtain concealed-handgun licenses or master the use of various other firearms.