- Burgers, shakes, and tots
- Fun, retro '80s restaurant
- Great for kids' parties
About This Deal
Jump to: Reviews | I Love You, Giant Daddy
Fill the growling abyss of your tummy with happy heapings of burgers, shakes, and deep-fried taters with today's Groupon: $15 gets you $30 worth of diner fare at Big Daddy's, the lively diner reminiscent of The Max on Saved by the Bell, except with WiFi. Big Daddy's vibrant kitsch—walls bedecked with pennants, photos of celebrities, and pop '80s references—along with hearty helpings of American-fare faves, make it perfect for kids’ parties or a romantic evening of burgers, beers, and "some of the best fried chicken in the five boroughs," according to Time Out.
Big Daddy's big menu is loaded with comforting favorites for breakfast, lunch, dinner and that post-prom confrontation with reality at the end of your adolescence. Under the category of Where's the Beef?, try the Bad-Boy burger with bacon and cheddar for $12.94 or the Daddy-O burger with jalapeno jack, bacon, and crispy onions for $12.93, both served with fries or Big Daddy's irresistible tots. Try one of Big Daddy's hearty blue plates, such as the Get Smart turkey meatloaf for $16.72 or KC Sloppy ribs for $16.92.
For a lighter lunch, order a salad from Green Acres, such as Alexander the Greek with roasted red peppers, sweet onions, olives, feta, and grape leaves for $12.93 or the Holy Moses with cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, feta, tzatziki, falafel, and hummus for $13.93. For breakfast, get a sandwich full of eggy goodness, like the What About Bob? (a buttery bun, scrambled eggs, bacon and jack cheese with home fries, $8.92) or the Three Amigos breakfast burrito (eggs, bacon, salsa, guac, and cheddar, $8.97).
Accompany your hearty meal with a mango, guava, strawberry, and banana smoothie for $5.98, or one of Big Daddy's phenomenal shakes like the Rocket-Shake with chocolate ice cream, espresso, whole beans, and whipped cream or a frozen black cow with Stewart's root beer for $5.96.
Big Daddy's has two locations: Gramercy Park and the Upper East Side.
Time Out digs Big Daddy's big helpings:
- Blue-plate specials are the best way to go: You’ll find yourself elbow-deep in heaps of crisp fries, fat grilled sandwiches and pancakes so big they hang over the side of the plate. –Time Out
- The Yogi Bear Smoothie is the best smoothie ever. The berry berry pancakes were delish!! – jojoyaya, Citysearch
- Everything was fantastic. We ordered some salads, which were delicious, but when we tasted the pancakes with caramelized bananas, all diets were off and we got sandwiches and eggs benedict and of course you HAVE to try the shakes made with Haagen Daz. – dyannah, Citysearch
- A cup of tea, hushpuppies, and a high five from the waitress was all I needed to get through the day...love Big Daddy's. We'll both be back!! May the best order win! – Rival of Nadia, MenuPages