The first people to successfully paint the town red spent more time haphazardly assembling scaffolding and arguing over who got to be the foreman than enjoying the results. Take the planning out of carousing with today’s Groupon to Big Daddy’s Soulard, Laclede’s Landing, or Belleville, Illinois, location. Choose between the following options:
- For $99, you get a three-hour party package for up to 10 people (a $35 value per person; up to a $350 total value) that includes:
- All-you-can-drink beer, wine, well, and call drinks
- Appetizer food buffet of three to five appetizers off the menu
- Wristbands and stamps for each person
- Decorations (some restrictions may apply)
- Private or semiprivate space, depending on location
Discounted shots, varying by location<p>
- For $15, you get $35 worth of anything on the menu. Sandwiches, salads, and appetizers range from $4.95–$8 each, depending on location.</p>
Less than a half mile from St. Louis landmark the Anheuser Busch Brewery, Big Daddy’s Soulard location established itself as a popular pit stop for fresh beer, drink specials, and tasty pub fare dished out from lunch to late night, and has since expanded to several locations. Partygoers slip on wristbands for three hours of merry-making, fueled by libations and snacks such as hot wings, pub pickles, mini tacos, or potato skins. Whether celebrating a friend’s milestone birthday, engagement, or favorite day of the week, partiers may also decorate their private to semiprivate space with theme-appropriate streamers or tranquilized clowns.
Big Daddy's Soulard and Landing
In 1999, Jimbo Sinovic opened the first Big Daddy's in the historic Soulard district, less than a half-mile from the iconic Anheuser-Busch Brewery. The eatery's drink specials and tasty pub staples—served for lunch, dinner, and late-night owl watching—established the bar as a neighborhood favorite and inspired its owner to declare it "The Best Bar in the Whole Wide World."