|_Jump to: Details||Reviews_|
Most guided sightseeing tours pose severe health risks—muscle atrophy, loss of bone density, and blinding rage, to name a few—due to the lack of physical activity. You’ve probably suffered one or all of those symptoms while on these tours:
- Segway Tour: Whir around the city without using your feet. See the sights as if you were living in 2067.
- San Francisco’s Saddled-Lion Tour: Anyone standing in your way risks life and limb. Stops include dumpsters and places with high densities of fearful humans.
- Bay Area Piggyback Tour: Evoke jealousy from all as you experience the city on the shoulders of muscle-man guides.
Fortunately, Bike and Roll San Francisco circumvents the side effects associated with these motionless tours. Experience San Francisco by bike with today’s fantastic deal.
It’s time to shave your legs and squeeze into spandex clothing: for $22, today’s Groupon gets you a Bay Area bike tour with Bike and Roll San Francisco’s exciting Sausalito Bike Tour (normally $45). Ride over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito, a Mediterranean-inspired village with beautiful hillside homes, city views, cafes, stores, video arcades, post offices, outdoor basketball courts, outdoor trees, sidewalks, cars, people, and more.
The nine-mile, three-hour guided tour is a great way to explore the city. Your experienced tour leader peppers in historic factoids with a dash of quirky tidbits at each sight. Stops include Fisherman’s Wharf, Aquatic Park, Ghirardelli Square, the Palace of Fine Arts, the Presidio, Fort Point, Alcatraz, and Angel Island to name eight. The tour ends in Sausalito, where you can either stick around to explore the shops, drink in the ocean view, or pay $10 to ride the ferry back.
The tour comes with the works: helmet, handlebar bag, lock, snack, bottled water, and the amazingly smooth Trek 7200 Comfort Hybrid bicycle that has tour-goers wishing it was their permanent ride. Everything you need for the trip or to escape from a mean-spirited rollerskate gang.
Whether you’re visiting the Bay Area or a lifelong resident who wants to re-appreciate the area’s beauty, this is a great chance to take in the stunning scenery while enjoying the strangely comfortable friction of a bike seat.
- This is by far the best way to see the city, and I was able to see so much more than I would have had I walked or taken public transportation. – Ben N., Yelp
- I found that the bikes were the best quality - Treks - for the best price in the City. Seeing San Francisco by bike, riding over the Golden Gate, and taking the ferry back is really fun and makes you feel like a tourist, seeing SF in a whole new way. – Katie M., Yelp
- They have all the newest model bikes. I have talked with the staff and they informed me that every year they get new bikes, so your [sic] always riding this years model bike. Not only do they rent nice equipment, but the staff is very nice too. –August26, Citysearch
899 Columbus Ave
San Francisco, California 94133Get Directions