|_Jump to: Details||Reviews_|
While Bikram yoga (practiced in a 105-degree Fahrenheit room to promote profuse sweating) is the most popular Bikram activity, many others have attempted to apply heated-room philosophy with varying degrees of success:
- Bikram cooking: Mac and cheese tastes the same while everything else tastes more like mac and cheese.
- Bikram sauna: Considered too sweaty of an experience for even the most dedicated sauna users.
- Bikram hockey: Made goalie Patrick Roy’s famously sticky skin too slippery for his legendary bare-chested skin saves. There were other problems too.
Whether you’re a yoga vet or just yoga-curious, today’s Groupon is for you. For just $59, you get a one-month unlimited pass to Bikram Yoga Studios. With four locations throughout Manhattan and more than 250 classes offered each week, Bikram’s convenience and variety make it easy to fit yoga into your busy schedule.
So what exactly is Bikram yoga? It’s a series of 26 Hatha yoga postures and two Pranayama breathing exercises designed to challenge and rejuvenate you no matter what your fitness level. This 90-minute class is conducted in a heated room to let you detoxify through perspiration. During that hour and a half, you’ll strengthen your body inside and out by working every muscle, tendon, ligament, joint, and organ. Imagine how good activating those muscles and joints will feel after years of neglect.
Regularly practicing yoga can improve your quality of life by increasing strength and flexibility, reducing stress, and helping you lose weight. Take advantage of today’s Groupon offer and let the motivating instructors at Bikram Yoga Studios help you get started.
Yelpers give Bikram Yoga NYC a near-perfect 4.5 stars:
- I think the teacher is what makes or breaks a class and this studio has the most motivating, informative and positive teachers I have encountered. – Linette P.
- Competent instructors, very nice and helpful desk staff. Clean locker room. – Hilary S.
- The 2 studios are pretty new, hence classes are able to be staggered once an hour, versus the typical once every two hours. – Oriana J.
Bikram Yoga NYC
Way back in 1999, Bikram Yoga NYC opened Manhattan's very first Bikram yoga studio. Word of Bikram yoga's benefits spread as people began experiencing enhanced flexibility, toned muscles, and an improved sense of well-being, and the studio opened three more locations. Now, Bikram Yoga NYC's team of more than 40 certified instructors hosts nearly 300 classes each week, teaching clients how to flow through BIkram Yoga's 26 Hatha postures and two Pranayama breathing exercises.
The 90-minute classes—which start as early as 6 a.m. and end as late as 11:15 p.m.—take place in studios with Flotex anti-microbial flooring. This waterproof flooring protects against germs more effectively than wood floors or cooties shots. Hygiene is particularly important when practicing Bikram yoga, as the 100-degree temperatures cause participants to work up a healthy sweat.
After working every muscle, tendon, ligament, joint, and internal organ in the body, guests can shower off in the locker rooms, which are equipped with organic soap and shampoo and more than 40 lockers. Before they leave, they can grab a cold beverage or pick up some new yoga accessories from the onsite boutique.