What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Animals are Small Business Owners, Too
The tragic truth facing metalheads is that they must cut their hair eventually. This prevents the hair from gaining sentience, insisting on playing in your band, and ultimately leaving to start a solo career. Keep your rockstar 'do in check with today’s Groupon: $20 gets you $40 worth of services at Austin's hippest, friendliest little salon, Birds Barbershop. Hairstyles may have indelibly changed with the advent of rock, but that doesn't mean that post-Beatles rockers don't need a place to commiserate, discuss the news of the day, and unwind. Birds Barbershop bridges the generational hair gap, uniting the friendliness of a barbershop, stylists who understand the value of a rock mop, and sweet poster art all under one disco ball.
At Birds, haircuts—be they mohawk, buzzcut, shortcut, ladybird, kidcut or rockstar—range from $15 to $25, so apply the remainder of the deal to other services such as color during your visit or get a second men's cut later (Birds will give you a store credit for your Groupon’s unused value).
The media is buzzing over Birds Barbershop. It's been featured in the Onion and Newsweek, and was voted One of America's Top 100 Salons by Elle, Best Barbershop by the Austin Chronicle, and Best in the Beauty Business by Austin Monthly:
More than 85 Yelpers give Birds Barbershop 4.5 stars:
- ...this is a pretty hip little place down south...the guy cutting the man's hair was good. The style turned out gooood. I like, I like aLOT! – Renee J.
- I appreciated the great conversation, attention to detail, and ultimately, the resulting cut. I enjoyed this place so much that I anticipate returning for my next cut in just about a week or so. – Ryan A.
- She managed to perform a minor miracle and I walked out of there with an amazing bob. Considering my instructions were 'It used to be super short... and then I grew it out. I'm trying to get rid of this thing in the front...' I was rather impressed. – Christine T.
Animals are Small Business Owners Too
The lack of apostrophe in the Birds moniker suggests that it is neither owned by an individual (Bird’s), nor an actual flock (Birds’). This, however, isn’t indicative of America’s share of entrepreneurs from the animal kingdom. Groupon also recommends the following businesses, owned and operated by animals:
- Mark Phipps’ Elephant Crushed Cars
- Finches’ Boutique: For Couples
- Harrison Hedgehog’s Private Military Security Firm
- Amos Q. Crane’s Wet-Dry Rental and Supply
- Boa Constructors
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 17, 2009. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per customer. May purchase up to 4 more as gifts. First visit must be made before expiration. Credit given for remaining balance to apply to your second visit. East 6th St. location only. $40 value can be applied to color or other services. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.