Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre
At Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, everyone is a suspect—even the guests. While no one is forced to partake in the drama, those that wish to can practice their villainous mustache-twirling or looks of surprise to nab a more central role. Regardless of whether guests participate or not, everyone will enjoy a delicious four-course meal, including two glasses of wine. Read on for a brief history lesson on the mansion and its impressive namesake, Lewis Bissell:
- 1789: Lewis Bissell was born into a decorated military family.
- 1815: After serving with distinction in the War of 1812, he was promoted to captain and given command of Fort Clark.
- 1818: Captain Bissell led the Yellowstone Expedition, which resulted in the founding of Omaha, Nebraska.
- 1820: Bissell Mansion was finally built.
- 1883: The mansion's northwest wing was added by late owner, Frederick Kraft.
- 1950: The building was saved from demolition before being transformed into Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre.