Today’s featured Groupon is to Bistro Chat Noir, a wonderful restaurant with a sultry feel exactly like a noir film. If you’ve never been in a noir film, here’s what it feels like:
1) Turn up your computer speakers.
2) Set the ambiance by playing this YouTube video.
3) Turn the YouTube volume down to 30%.
4) Open this link in a new tab.
5) Close your eyes and enjoy the experience.
Have a noir experience in person and get a 60% discount on amazing food. Get your Groupon to Bistro Chat Noir.
For a mere $10, you get a $25 Groupon to Bistro Chat Noir, located at 22 E. 66th St. on the Upper East Side. Known for its gourmet cuisine and impeccable service, Chat Noir is the perfect place to have a fancy night out with a special friend or a lovely brunch with your mother.
Suzanne Latapie opened Chat Noir after ending her 12-year tenure as manager of LaGoulue. Chat Noir only uses the finest, highest-quality ingredients, which are lovingly prepared and served by a professional staff that caters to all your needs. Try a few Chat Noir standouts—homemade French fries with truffle oil and parmesan cheese, Roquefort steak frites, Dover sole, ravioli gratin, chocolate mousse—in the softly lit and elegantly decorated dining room. Have a favorite bottle of wine? Bring it with you and name your own corkage fee!
The press has nice things to say about Bistro Chat Noir:
- “The menu pushes familiar Francophile fare: Tuna tartare is given a creamy kick via a dose of crème fraîche, and the steak frites comes with a béarnaise sauce so delicious, you might want to eat it with a spoon.” – Time Out New York
- “The bistro, named for and inspired by a 1880s Parisian cabaret of the same name, is exactly what you’d want from your local dining-room-away-from-home. It’s lovely and easy, with vanilla walls, red banquettes, gold-framed mirrors, and bronze sconces.” – Daily Candy
- “Set in a landmark townhouse, Chat Noir strikes a balance between elegant neighborhood bistro and tourist-friendly dining hub.” – Citysearch
Zach Braff, Natalie Portman, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Chris Martin, Steven Spielberg, Kate Capshaw, Michelle Pfeiffer, Michael Stipe, and loads of other famous people have all tasted the fantastic food at Chat Noir. But what about regular folk?
- “While I don't tend to frequent the UES often, each visit of mine to Bistro Chat Noir has been fantastic. Lots of wine and shared dishes seems [sic] to be my M.O. here, and I've enjoyed everything. Tartare, truffle fries, escargots, salads, steak, you name it. Top it off with a charming decor and friendly and devoted owner, and you've got a great spot.” – Michael H., Yelp
- “Could not ask for a better neighborhood restaurant. The owner and staff make you feel very at home.” – KarlM1649, Zagat
- “The food was on the very good to excellent end of my taste buds. They serve a short menu of common french fare, which is welcomed since many restaurants make you dizzy with too many so so options in their menu.” – Orlando E., Yelp
Bistro Chat Noir
Locally sourced ingredients alchemize into upscale French cuisine at the celebrity-favored Bistro Chat Noir. Aside from strictly French eats, such as onion soup with gruyere, the bistro's signature Black Cat burger "delivers a textured, tantalizingly sweet payload," according to the New York Post, topping humanely raised beef with free-range, vegetarian-fed pickles. Founder, manager, and co-owner Suzanne Latapie bedecks the townhouse's cream walls with impressionist oil paintings daubed by her grandfather, Louis Latapie. Low lighting gently illuminates brunches, lunches, and dinners of truffle mac 'n' cheese, roasted-beet salad, steak tartar, and lobster. Guests can secure tables with the online reservation widget, or customize a prix fixe menu for private events by placing a call.
Upper East Side
22 E 66th St
New York, New York 10065Get Directions