Cajun cuisine evokes the zesty cultural stew that is Louisiana in the same way submarine sandwiches remind us of the undersea charm of our Atlantean homeland. Go home again with today’s Groupon to Bistro du Cayenne’s, located in the lobby of the Holiday Inn Lafayette. Choose from the following options:
- For $32, you get a dinner for two (up to a $67.45 total value) that includes the following:
- One appetizer (up to a $9.50 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $19.50 value each)
- Two drinks (up to a $6 value each)
- One dessert (up to a $6.95 value)<p>
- For $64, you get a dinner for four (up to a $134.90 total value) that includes the following:
- Two appetizers (up to a $9.50 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $19.50 value each)
- Four drinks (up to a $6 value each)
- Two desserts (up to a $6.95 value each)<p>
- For $10, you get a weekday lunch buffet for two (a $21.90 value).
Bistro du Cayenne’s, nestled within the homey walls of the Holiday Inn Lafayette, doles out a savory menu of Cajun-, Creole-, and soul-fare-inspired cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. During dinner hours, patrons warm up organic food processors with appetizers of breaded and fried alligator bites or a crabtini brimming with lemon-oil-covered crab meat and fresh mangos. The étouffée piles buttery veggies and a choice of crawfish or shrimp on a soft bed of white rice, and the captain’s platter lines up a seaworthy roster of maritime delicacies including fried frog legs, stuffed crab, and oysters. Beer and wine selections cheer on comestibles as they speedily navigate esophageal highways, and desserts such as old-fashioned bread pudding drizzled with hot rum sauce inspire plans to cover all future meals in rum.
For dining duos attending the weekday lunch buffet, a hearty lineup of home-cooked favorites includes hot entrees, soup, a salad bar, and an assortment of desserts. Cream-colored walls and plum-patterned carpets enclose Bistro du Cayenne’s spacious dining room, and modern lighting fixtures and in-set ceiling lights ensure eaters enjoy meals without mistaking a spoon for a knife or a neighbor’s knee for a steak.