Golf is doubly relaxing because it's a calm game in the verdant outdoors and because there are no families there having feelings at you. Get a hole for one in this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $21 for a nine-hole round of golf with cart rental for two (up to a $42 value)
- $39 for a nine-hole round of golf with cart rental for four (up to an $84 value)
Black Oak Golf Course's rates fluctuate. Tee times can be booked seven days in advance.
Black Oak Golf Course
In 1988, the owners of a ramshackle golf course put it up for sale, taking out a small advertisement in the San Francisco Chronicle. But where others saw a lost cause, Gordon Morrice saw an opportunity. He quickly bought the course and set to improving it, clearing the rocks and trees littering the fairways, planting new trees, and adding concrete paths to keep wild carts from burrowing into the grass. Over two decades, Morrice and his family transformed Black Oak Golf Course into a facility worthy of a country club, with tiered poa annua greens highlighted by the signature fourth hole—a 131-yard par 3 featuring a dramatic tee shot over water. Along with a regular maintenance staff, at least one member of Morrice's family oversees the course on any given day, retaining a level of personal attention that keeps it from shriveling into a mini-golf course like so many before it.
Course at a Glance:
- Nine-hole course with a driving range and practice greens
- Total length of 3,164 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 70.4 from the back tees
- Course slope of 128 from the back tees
- Four sets of tees per hole
99% of 94 customers recommend
“It's a great course. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!”
“Enjoyable course - well maintained. Nice 9 hole course. Lots of dogleg left holes - issue, if like me, you hit drives off the tee to the right.”
“Can't beat this very nice nine holer for the money. GH”