History is like Frankenstein's monster; all it takes to make it come alive is the right education, a large body of artifacts exhumed from the earth, and an electrical storm. Learn from the past with today's Groupon to Blackhawk Museum in Danville. Choose between the following options:
- For $10, you get admission for two to the museum (up to a $20 value; student and senior admission is $7 each).
- For $35, you get a family membership for up to four people (a $75 value). Membership includes:
- Unlimited free admission for members
- Free admission for up to four children or grandchildren younger than age 18
- Quarterly newsletter & 12 issues of Smithsonian magazine
- 10% discount in the Museum Shop and Bookstore as well as online or catalog purchases from Smithsonian Shops
- Invitations to members-only events
- Two Smithsonian Affiliate Membership cards
Blackhawk Museum shines the spotlight on historically significant classic automobiles, showcasing more than 90 one-of-a-kind cars from every era of driving history. Automotive archivists display jewels of internal combustion with their expansive 70,000-square-foot facility, which sprawls over two floors and four dramatically lit exhibition galleries filled with iron horses polished to a high gloss. Knowledgeable docents mill about the gleaming, custom Jaguars, Mercedes-Benzes, and Rolls Royces, ready to answer questions about engine sizes, production specs, and ejector seats. Blackhawk Museum also houses a host of rotating exhibits, including nonvehicular attractions such as Jukebox Saturday Night's nostalgia-packed collection of classic music makers. A museum store and automotive reference library complete the learning experience, filling visitors' hearts with glee, brains with knowledge, and gas-powered cats with premium conventional oil.
3700 Blackhawk Plaza Cir.
Danville, California 94506Get Directions