What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $31 for one classic mani-pedi ($55 value)
- $58 for two classic mani-pedis ($110 value)
Four Things to Know About Nail-Polish Remover
Before applying a new coat of polish, the nail technician is going to need a clean canvas. Read on to learn what it takes to banish old polish.
1. Nail polish “hardens” through evaporation. Nail polish begins as a chemical mix of a solvent plus various organic polymers. Once the solvent evaporates, the dry polymers band together, resulting in a hardened shell that not even water can breach.
2. Hardened polish has only two natural enemies: chipping and time. To remove polish completely, the best alternative to remover is a tiny mallet and chisel. Otherwise, it takes about four to six months for the nail to grow out naturally.
3. Nail-polish remover is actually just the solvent that dried from the polish. Think of it as the reverse process of painting your nails. Just as the solvent evaporated from the polish when it dried, the remover permeates the hardened huddle of polymers, turning the polish back into a liquid solution that can simply be wiped away.
4. There are two common solvents: acetone and non-acetone. Although acetone has been known to dry out nails and the surrounding skin, it’s also the only compound that can remove Shellac and gel polishes. Non-acetone solvents, such as rubbing alcohol, are usually gentler on the skin but may require more effort to use, particularly if the polish contains dark colors, glitter, or shavings from the Hope Diamond. Regardless of which kind of remover you use, you should always moisturize your hands and nails afterward to prevent drying them out.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 90 days. Appointment required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About A Chat with Blast Salon
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition?
Blast Salon has stylists with many years of experience. Our artists truly know what they are doing. Many of our clients call them magicians. They make the music happen. We use organic products when possible. All Nutrient Color is a vegan, all-organic product.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business?
The owner always wanted to have a nice salon to help make everyone show their outside beauty. She bought the salon and hired the most experienced and fantastic hair stylists. She always wants and expects the very best at her salon.
What do you love most about your job?
At Blast Salon, the best part is making all the ladies look fabulous. Nothing feels better than watching the guests transform. Bringing that big smile back to their faces is absolutely the best. This is why we are in this business, making the world a prettier place.
What is the best reaction you've ever gotten from a customer?
"I came into Blast Salon feeling down and when I look into the mirror I look so awesome."