Ice is nothing more than water that won’t let people swim in it and must be publically chastised in the form of sharp metallic blades that merrily crisscross to and fro across the frozen surface. Mete out aqueous justice with today’s Groupon to Blazers Ice Centre. Choose from the following options:
- For $12, you get an ice-skating package for two (a $24 value), which includes:
- One session’s admission for two adults or children
- Two skate rentals
- Two hot chocolates
- For $32, you get a skating package for four (a $64 value). The package includes:
- One session’s admission for four adults or children
- Four skate rentals
- Four baskets of chicken fingers, including fries and a drink
- For $75, you get an eight-week learn-to-skate program (a $125 value, including a $12 membership fee). Eight-week classes are held on the following dates and times:
- Tuesdays from January 3 to February 21
- Saturdays from January 7 to February 25
- Tuesdays from March 6 to April 24
- Saturdays from March 10 to April 28<p>
Blazers Ice Centre, home of the Oklahoma University Sooners, lets groups embark on fun, frosty adventures during daily public-skate hours. Twirling and toe-picking across a frozen indoor pond marries exercise with entertainment and gives budding Dorothy Hamills and Wayne Gretzkys a chance to practice camel spins, fast breaks, and basic stopping technique, such as running into a wall. Pairs of carvers can rent skates and sashay across the ice, filled with sips of hot chocolate, or foursomes fueled by a meal of chicken fingers, fries, and a drink can enjoy freestyle skating to their heart’s content.
Registered instructors mold slip ‘n’ sliders of all ages into graceful ice traversers in the fundamentals of the Learn to Skate Program. During 30 minutes of weekly on-ice instruction, pupils wearing either their own skates or a pair of rentals (included with this Groupon) ease onto the rink, as skate mavens impart the basics of icemanship, such as distinguishing between a triple Lutz, a double Salchow, or a single angry zamboni. After the invigorating lessons, class members gambol about during public skating, where they practice newly acquired techniques as the Sooners’ palpable aura acts as an inspirational beacon to aspiring skaters.
Blazers Ice Centre
Blazers Ice Centre, home of the Oklahoma University Sooners hockey team, hosts frosty adventures during daily public-skate hours, hockey-league play, and figure-skating lessons. The frozen indoor pond welcomes budding Dorothy Hamills and Wayne Gretzkys to practice jumps, fast breaks, and stopping techniques. Here, a team of skilled instructors molds skaters of all ages into adept gliders during group and private lessons. They impart the basics of icemanship, such as distinguishing between a triple Lutz and a double salchow or knowing when to steer clear of an angry Zamboni.
Oklahoma City Southwest
8000 S I-35 Service Rd.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73149