What You'll Get
Bed and breakfasts gained popularity when other alliterative lodging ideas found hapless urbanites eating dinners in dungeons, dollhouses, doctors' offices, doctors' dungeons, dirigibles, and Dakota Fanning's backyard. Savor a more apt pairing with today's Groupon to BlissWood Bed and Breakfast. Choose between two romantic getaway packages at the Oasis home:
- For $336, you get a two-night weekend stay with a bottle of wine, a bouquet of flowers, a wine tasting, a bundle of coupons to nearby shopping, a dinner voucher, and an archery session for two (a $671.74 value).
- For $199, you get a two-night weekday stay with a bottle of wine, a bouquet of flowers, a wine tasting, and a bundle of coupons for nearby shopping (a $564.25 value).
This sprawling 650-acre ranch is dotted with cozy turn-of-the-century Texas homes. A short drive by car from Houston, the romantic midweek getaway includes fresh flowers and a bottle of wine, and the weekend escape adds in an archery session for two (a $70 value) and $35 toward elegant American cuisine at Carol's at Cat Spring. Both deals also include a wine tasting (a $10 value) at Pleasant Hill Winery in Brenham. When you redeem your Groupon, you can upgrade to include horseback riding for an extra $49 per person (normally $69 per guest) or tack on an extra night (half off Monday–Thursday for the weekday deal, 30% off Thursday–Sunday for the weekend deal) in case you have taught the horse to talk but not yet how to say goodbye.
Take a nature stroll, spy beautiful birds, or pet ranch-dwelling critters during your stay. Venture out to the surrounding Texas Hill Country area to use your included handful of coupons to prime antique shopping and gift stores, or check out the nearby historical attractions and wildflower tufts. This Groupon is great for modern-day Goldilocks-types looking to enjoy the comforts of someone else's home, city dwellers looking for urban detox, or couples hoping to cozy up in the country.
A six percent hotel tax will be due at the time of reservation.
- …if you want a true Last Picture Show sense of a Texas where you can have eggs and bacon in a gazebo as the mist rises off the lake, you've found it. – John Mariani, Esquire
- It's like having the key to your own 650 acre ranch where you can relax and soak up the fresh air and choose to do a number of activities or nothing at all. – TexasTravelbird, TripAdvisor
- Blisswood [sic] is a perfect place for all ages, especially people who have lived in the city all their lives. – BedandBreakfast.com user, 12/30/2009
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 11, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1/person, per visit. May buy 1 add'l as gift. Valid only for option bought; only for 2-person room. Reservation req'd by 7/29. 14-day cancel or fee of Groupon price may apply. Not valid for holidays, 2/11-13, special events or antique week. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.