$99 for an Introductory Flight Package ($219 Value)
- Introductory ground school for student and guest with two flight information books (a $44.75 value)
- 45-minute hands-on flight lesson for student and guest (a $105 value)
- Post-flight debriefing and two flight-training catalogs (a $29.75 value)
- Two logbooks with time accredited (a $7.90 value)
- Two first-flight certificates (a $12.90 value)
- Post-flight photograph of both participants (an $18.70 value)
The two-hour lesson begins with a preflight briefing, during which an FAA-certified flight instructor reviews basic aircraft controls, flight maneuvers, and safety procedures. Shortly after take-off from Dayton-Wright Brothers Airport (MGY), the instructor lets the student take control to practice basic maneuvers—including level flight, climbs, descents, and turns—and set up the approach to land at another airport. The instructor lands the aircraft, then allows the guest to helm the controls on a return flight to Dayton-Wright Brothers Airport. Upon their return, the instructor reviews takeoffs and landings, and holds a postflight debriefing on solid ground. After the lesson, both students receive their own flight catalog, logbook with time accredited, first-flight certificate, and commemorative picture.
Aviators Flight Academy
The certified flight instructors at Aviators Flight Academy have been helping fledgling pilots earn their wings for more than three decades. Students take off from Dayton-Wright Brothers Airport toward the earth’s giant blue tarp using the academy’s fleet of Cessna and Piper fixed-wing aircraft, performing basic maneuvers under a teacher’s expert supervision. Beyond introductory lessons, students can also enroll in the flight-training school to earn their license and finally be able to impersonate pilots at airport bars.