- $35 for delivery services for a package up to 70 pounds ($70 value)
Four Things to Know About Bubble Wrap
Along with cardboard boxes, newspaper, and pizza, bubble wrap is a moving must-have. Read on to learn more about the plastic bubbles that protect your stuff.
1. The term “bubble wrap” is trademarked. Bubble Wrap is actually a brand name owned by the Sealed Air Corporation, but the term has joined the generic lexicon much like “aspirin” or “zipper.”
2. Popping bubble wrap is a proven stress reliever—at least according to a Western New England College study published in 1992. More recently, a poll conducted by the Sealed Air Corporation in 2012 found that one minute spent popping wrap relieved as much stress as a 33-minute massage.
3. The Bubble Wrap design had a brief, failed stint as 3-D wallpaper. While looking out an airplane window, one of the product’s engineers found inspiration in the clouds—literally, since the clouds seemed to cushion the plane’s descent. Voilà. The once-hopeless product found a new purpose in lining packages and airport tarmacs.
4. There’s a Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day. Chase’s Calendar of Events lists it as the last Monday in January.