Patrons have a chance to enter a pool with friendly, playful otters or hand-feed adult and baby giraffes
About This Deal
- All guests must sign the facility waiver when visiting Blue Hills Animal Sanctuary.
- Payment in advance is necessary to reserve space for the encounter.
Maximum group size is less than 6 people; the entire program is set outdoors
- Otter Encounter:
Participants can go in the pool with a group of joyful otters.
- There are lounge chairs on the pool deck, as well as a gazebo for shade.
- Minimum age to swim with the otters is 12, but younger guests are welcome to feed and observe from the pool deck.
Guests should bring a camera and a swimsuit.
- Giraffe Feeding:
- Patrons have a chance to hand-feed the resident giraffes their favorite treats, as well as bottle-feed a baby giraffe.
- No age restriction; minors should be accompanied by an adult.
- Guests should bring a camera.
Need To Know
About Blue Hills Ranch
Blue Hills Ranch is set in the heart of Texas on 150 acres of breathtaking rolling, bluebonnet-covered hills with a scenic lake backdrop. The property features a 6184 sq. foot wooden climate-controlled barn, making it a great spot for weddings and events. Blue Hills Ranch is also a home to the Giraffe and Animal Sanctuary, offering opportunities for exciting animal and local wildlife encounters.
Clients can have an enormous amount of fun as they get to spend time with baby otters and their animal friends. Guests have an opportunity to feed and directly interact with a variety of animals e.g. giraffes, mini-pigs, mini-horse, seasoned tortoise, and more. The goal is to put the guest directly in the center of friendly exotic animals that may result in many cheerful and fond memories about Blue Hills Ranch.
Start the tour by interaction with baby otters: Otto and Sweet Pea in their indoor playground. Enjoy the time spent with them as they run around, play, and chew on their favorite fish snacks (frozen shrimp and tilapia). After they pose for a quick photo, guests can watch them swim from the outside. These otters may entertain guests by diving for various sticks and rocks, as well as hide them in their otter-crate.
Next on the list is the baby giraffe Blue that may leave the guests in awe as they marvel at the enormous baby bottle. Guests may also try to reach high enough to feed him. In the meantime Nibbles, the mini-horse, may playfully nudge the guests for attention. After that, Blue Hills Ranch offers to spend some quality-time with pig siblings - Luke and Leia, who adore all types of snacks. The tour ends with Cecil, 30-year old male tortoise, who is exceptionally active for his age.