All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed March 6, 2017
· Reviewed February 5, 2017
· Reviewed January 25, 2017
What You'll Get
If a dog is man’s best friend, then a horse is man’s best ride for escaping man’s greatest enemy, hot dogs. Flee with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $89 for a two-hour introduction to horsemanship and riding session for two, plus, a complimentary glass of champagne or wine or a nonalcoholic beverage (a $240 value)
- $110 for the above deal, plus, a farm experience that includes a full picnic with champagne or wine, a campfire, s’mores, and cheeses (a $330 value)
- $159 for a two-hour introduction to horsemanship and riding session for four, plus, a complimentary glass of champagne or wine or a nonalcoholic beverage (a $480 value)
- $179 for the above deal, plus, a farm experience that includes a full picnic with champagne or wine, a campfire, s’mores, and cheeses (a $660 value)<p>
During two-hour lessons, seasoned school horses saunter along as students learn the basics of English-style riding, grooming and tacking. Duos or foursomes can toast the lesson with a complimentary glass of champagne or wine or a nonalcoholic beverage of choice. Groups can also supplement lessons with a farm experience. As students recline and unwind from their lessons with a picnic of champagne or wine, cheeses, and charcuterie, a roaring campfire toasts marshmallows for s’mores. During the demonstration, professional riders lead their steeds through jumps in the arena, and students can also watch the horses graze in the pasture or buck in the fields.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 11, 2013. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. 24hr cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price may apply. Must be 8 or older. 200lb weight max. Must sign waiver. Must wear long pants and hard-soled shoes. No gym or tennis shoes permitted. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Maloney's Horses and Ponies
At Maloney's Horses and Ponies, majestic steeds graze and buck in open pastures backed by a landscape of picturesque rolling hills and whispering ocean waves. Standing in the sea breeze is Cheryl Maloney, the proprietor and head riding instructor. Before opening her school, Cheryl taught throughout the United States and England, most recently directing the Stanford Riding School for 12 years. She is joined by fellow instructors Sara Williams, Sarah Platshon, and Jack Gosse-Fuchs; together, the team leads lessons in English-style riding for students of all ages and skill levels.
During lessons, students learn the fundamentals of riding—from sitting in a basic balancing position to standing while singing the horse anthem—along with necessary horsemanship skills such as grooming and tacking. The lessons take place in Maloney's all-weather back sand arena, where picturesque ocean views frame a colorful jumping course, and a front arena dedicated to dressage and flat exercises. The school also has access to more than 7 miles of beach trails that lead riders on explorations of the bluffs or trots down to the surf. The school also boards horses, sells and leases new mounts, and holds summer camps for riders up to 15 years old.