Eating authentically prepared food lets you taste the very essence of a country and draws far fewer angry glares than chewing on its national flag. Decorate your culinary passport with today’s Groupon.
$12 for an authentic Ethiopian meal for two (up to a $25 total value)
$24 for an authentic Ethiopian meal for four (up to a $50 total value)
- Meals include one entree per person (up to a $12.50 value each), such as:
- Kitfo, seasoned steak tartare with cottage cheese
- Ye-doro wot, chicken leg in stew with boiled egg
- Yemisir wot, split red lentils cooked in berbere sauce and garlic
- Ye’abesha gomen, kale and green peppers simmered in herbs
- Valid for meat and vegetarian samplers
- All entrees served with injera, traditional unleavened bread
- See the full menu<p>
Blue Nile Ethiopian Restaurant
Blue Nile Ethiopian Restaurant follows East African culinary customs in its dining room and kitchens, where cooks draw on traditional recipes and spices. During meals, patrons are encouraged to partake in the practice of gursha, a tradition in which diners manually place food in each other's mouths to symbolize the bonds of loyalty and friendship. Traditional unleavened injera bread, forged from self-rising wheat flour and the native Ethiopian grain teff, accompanies all entrees, which chefs load onto one plate designed for sharing among the members of each table. Equipped with the pancake-like accessory, diners can scoop up a panoply of lamb, beef, and chicken stews infused with a flurry of spices that, like outtakes from The Muppets, range from mild to spicy. Blue Nile Ethiopian Restaurant's chefs shun artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives in all dishes, and vegetarian items arrive uncontaminated by butter, eggs, milk, and disparaging thoughts about Congress.