All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jazz, like professional wrestling, thrives on unpredictability, dazzling feats of showmanship, and ladder matches with saxophones suspended 20 feet above the ring. Body slam ears with the sweet strains of music with today's Groupon for Blue Note, the famous jazz club in Greenwich Village. Choose from three options:
- For $15, you get a ticket to the club's Sunday brunch, including food and a drink (a $24.50 value).
- For $20, you get a ticket valued at $30 or $35 for the club's Jazz in July – Smooth & Soul Festival, plus $5 toward a food/drink purchase (up to a $43.50 value, with a $3.50 advanced-sale fee included).
- For $25, you get a ticket valued at $45 for the club's Jazz in July – Smooth & Soul Festival, plus $5 toward a food/drink purchase (up to a $54.50 value, with a $4.50 advanced-sale fee included).
Blue Note opened in 1981, and in the nearly 30 years since trumpets and tickled-ivories first tangled in toe-tapping togetherness at the intimate club, it has hosted some of jazz's biggest names, including Dizzy Gillespie, Lionel Hampton, and Chick Corea. Every Sunday afternoon, Blue Note hosts a brunch, with top guitar-based jazz acts providing the soundtrack for eats and elixirs. Acts appearing at upcoming Sunday brunches include the Ben Monder Trio on July 4 and Mordy Ferber on July 25. Shows are at 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m., with brunch being served 11:30 a.m.–4 p.m. Guests are encouraged to eat their bacon and biscuits in 5/4 time signature.
This July, Blue Note is holding the Smooth & Soul Festival at its club, with a lineup of classic and contemporary performers putting smiles on the faces of audience members' ears. Sets are at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Shows with tickets valued at $30 or $35 are Ben E. King, best known as the singer of "Stand by Me," who is performing July 6–11; Chuck Mangione, the flugelhorn player known for the hit "Feels So Good," appearing July 13–18; and Grammy-winning guitarist Earl Klugh, playing July 27–August 1. Shows with tickets valued at $45 are jazz supergroup Fourplay, bringing quad-quality sound on July 1–4, and the Bobby Caldwell R&B Show, wowing crowds July 20–25. Put aside the family sock puppets that resemble Charlton Heston's various film characters and venture to Blue Note for top entertainment from some of jazz's biggest names.
Not valid for Saturday 8 p.m. shows. There is a $5 food/drink minimum per person policy; this Groupon covers that for you.
Blue Note has been featured on All About Jazz, and past performances have received excellent reviews. Citysearchers give it an average 4.5-star rating, and TripAdvisors and Yelpers offer a 3.5-star rating:
- The Blue Note regularly attracts the most boldface names in jazz… – Brian Lonergan, All About Jazz
- The atmosphere of the place reminded me a little of the Moulin Rouge in Paris: close seating, intimate cabaret/club atmosphere, chance to interact with the performers, etc. – midway42, TripAdvisor
- It's all about the vibes man! What more can I say about Blue Note...being an avid jazz fan for decades, I can honestly say this place continues the tradition of fine jazz music performed by deep-rooted jazz/r&b/soul musicians! – RoyJRoy, Citysearch
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for purchased offer. Festival Groupons not valid for 8PM Sat. shows. First-come, first-served seating. Tax & gratuity not included on food & drink. Not valid with other offers. Reservation required; subject to availability. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.