Chopsticks, antlers, and jumping street urchins pale in comparison to a pair of real, live hands when it comes to performing massage miracles. Experience the powers of the palm with today’s Groupon: for $25, you get a one-hour massage of your choice at BodyTrends. This deal can be redeemed at either of the spa’s two locations in The Village or Stonebriar Mall.
Renowned for its weight-loss services, BodyTrends has recently added massage as a new branch of its business. Choose from any one of the following techniques:
- Swedish: The most popular type of massage. Melt your muscles like beeswax, erase tension, improve blood flow, and awaken the lymphatic system from its fitful sleep. ($60 value)
- Deep Tissue: Give your battered body a break and surrender to an hour of deliberate strokes and direct muscle-grain pressure. ($80 value)
- Reflexology Massage: The average person takes 3,000 to 5,000 steps a day. De-stress your soles with this foot-focused treatment designed to ease pain and encourage relaxation. ($70 value)
- Pregnancy Massage: Massage away the back pain that stems from carrying around a person in your body. ($75 value)
- Hot Stone: A lithe therapist will gently press your spine with heated stones, treating you to a level of relaxation you haven’t felt since that wonderful week you were trapped under a volcanic boulder. ($125 value)
Rusty-rose-colored carpets, squishy sofas accented with chenille pillows, and earth-toned walls give the spa a soothing grandmother’s cottage feel without the lingering specter of cleverly disguised wolves. Disappear inside BodyTrends’ private treatment rooms for a 60-minute escape from reality tailored to your specific stress sources.
The aestheticians at BodyTrends specialize in nonsurgical Electrospa treatments that have toned and beautified the bodies of beauty-pageant contestants. By stimulating muscles with gentle electrical currents, technicians can mimic the effects of a face-lift or breast lift without ever breaking the scalpel out of its emergency glass. Lasers erase unwanted hair, veins, cellulite, and tattoos, and facial services banish blemishes while adorning features with MNA and mineral cosmetics. For feelings of inner peace, BodyTrends' massage therapists capture tension from bodies and release it deep in the woods to plague overly frivolous nymphs.