What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Do the Benny Driscoll!
Prove your feet's dancing-foot mettle or build upon your small-but-confident little toe's dancing mettle with today's Groupon. For $15, you get two open dance classes at BodyVox dance center (a $30 value). The open dance classes include an education in contemporary dance, focused stretching, open ballet, pointe, beginning modern dance, and contemporary ballet.
Each small class has eight to 10 people and lasts an hour and a half. BodyVox's calendar offers open classes every day of the week except Friday. Try parkour to learn body control and how to move rapidly through one's environment, or take contemporary ballet, based on the barre with emphasis on contemporary moves. BodyVox's dance company members have delivered some of the most exquisite displays of modern dance performance at their center, and they understand the empowerment that comes from movement and physical expression.
There are tremendous benefits to getting a creative and aerobic workout through dance. The human body is an inventive vessel that when put into motion can communicate endlessly, just like a walkie-talkie taped to a stray dog. Dance offers physical and spiritual fulfillment, as well as the chance to learn about yourself while exploring space, balance, harmony, and the proper ways to nicely move your extremities.
The New York Times reviewed BodyVox’s performances:
- BodyVox specializes in dance whose humor and imagination clearly show the company's Pilobolus lineage. – Jennifer Dunning, New York Times
A pair of Yelpers give it five stars:
Do the Benny Driscoll!
No matter which dance class you sign up for, your physical conditioning and ability to follow steps will help you learn any variety of popular dances, including "Benny Dancing," the brief ’90s dance craze invented by bulk linoleum sales associate and frequent sporting-event attendee Benny Driscoll. The steps are as follows:
- Clap your hands! Stomp your feet!
- Put school on hold for a while to take care of some things!
- Now get your head into a better place, man. Life is about the journey, not the destination. Check out Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance from library.
- Pay library fees. Buy motorcycle.
- Use new motorcycle to impress Shelly at Tastee-Stick.
- Sell motorcycle to help Shelly pay for her mom’s foot doctor trip.
- Now clap your hands! (repeat)
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 13, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Valid for all adult/teen classes. Reservations encouraged. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.