The Epic Sweepstakes: Supporting The Actors Fund
Each $10 contribution to this Grassroots campaign will be used by The Actors Fund to support performing-arts and entertainment professionals in need, crisis, or transition. The Actors Fund directly cares for more than 21,000 individuals each year in every facet of the industry.
In addition, each $10 contribution grants contributors one entry into a sponsored sweepstakes* for an unforgettable trip for two to New York City to see a concert presentation of Bombshell. Funded by a wildly successful Kickstarter campaign, this one-night-only performance will bring to Broadway the play-within-the-play that formed the basis for the television musical Smash. This event will feature original cast members including Megan Hilty, Katharine McPhee, Debra Messing, and Christian Borle, as well as original songs written by Tony Award– and Grammy Award–winners Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman. The trip includes:
- Two tickets for center-orchestra seating at a concert presentation of Bombshell at The Minskoff Theatre on Monday, June 8, at 7:30 p.m.
- Coach airfare for two from the continental US to New York City, departing Sunday, June 7, and returning Tuesday, June 9
- Ground transportation to and from the airport in NYC
- Two-night stay in a deluxe suite at the New York Marriott Marquis
- $150 gift card from the Fireman Hospitality Group for dinner (the winner must contact the restaurant to make reservations)
- A Bombshell bumper sticker, commemorative baseball hat, and signed poster
- Photo with the cast (all cast subject to availability; check www.actorsfund.org/Bombshell for casting updates)
The sweepstakes ends at 11:59pm EST on May 17, 2015. The winner of the sweepstakes will be drawn on May 18.
The Actors Fund
Although the A-list actor’s lifestyle might include exotic vacations and private islands, the reality for the majority of performing-arts and entertainment professionals is rather different. Due to the unpredictable nature of the work, many of these professionals don’t enjoy the regular schedules, job security, or health insurance that people in many other industries do. But The Actors Fund helps to alleviate some of these stressors, providing emergency financial assistance and social services for those in crisis and transition. Everyone from stage hands and film crews to opera singers and dancers have turned to the nonprofit organization since it was founded in 1882, and today it still goes strong, providing direct care and professional services to more than 21,000 individuals.
NO DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. To enter without donation, go to http://www.groupon.com/pages/entry-bombshell. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes only open to legal residents of the United States (excludes Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands), 18+. Entry period ends: 11:59 p.m. EST on 5/17/15. ARV of prize: $4,780 USD. Subject to full Official Rules. Sponsor: Groupon, Inc., 600 West Chicago Avenue, Ste. 400, Chicago, IL 60654.