The museum offers programs and exhibits that encourage hands-on learning, inspiring kids to use their imagination and creativity
What You'll Get
- What’s included:
- Free admission for 12 months
- Member Morning and Member Only Hours
- Express entry
- Special offers from community partners
- Discount on memberships you give as a gift
- Early email notification about events and activities
- Free admission to over 300 museums with the Association of Science and Technology Center’s Passport Program (restrictions apply)
- Half-price admission to over 200 museums with the Association of Children’s Museum’s Reciprocal Network
- Infants under 12 months need a ticket but are admitted free.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 18, 2019. Amount paid never expires. New customers only. Must activate by expiration date on voucher; membership expires 365 days from activation date. Can only be redeemed in person. Offer not available for renewals or rejoins. Additional cardholders may be added for an additional fee. One cardholder must be present to obtain admission to the Museum. Not valid until 24 hours after purchase. Limit 1 per person. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Not valid with other offers or promotions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
About Boston Children’s Museum
Boston Children’s Museum is the second oldest, and one of the most influential children’s museums in the world. It was founded in 1913 by the Science Teachers' Bureau, a group of visionary educators dedicated to providing new resources for both teachers and students, as a center for the exchange of materials and ideas to advance the teaching of science. For over 100 years it has been engaging children in joyful discovery experiences that instill an appreciation of our world, develop foundational skills, and spark a lifelong love of learning.
The Museum’s exhibits and programs emphasize hands-on engagement and learning through experience, employing play as a tool to spark the inherent creativity, curiosity, and imagination of children. Designed for children and families, Museum exhibits focus on science, culture, environmental awareness, health & fitness, and the arts. In addition to extensive child-centered exhibits, Museum educators develop numerous programs and activities that address literacy, performing arts, science and math, visual arts, cultures, and health and wellness.
The Museum offers over 20 exhibits on three floors including:
• Countdown to Kindergarten: Exhibit to help kids and families prepare for kindergarten.
• PlaySpace: An exhibit for young children 0-3 where they can climb, jump, dance, and slide.
• Peep's World: A Preschool hands-on science exhibit that introduces young explorers to science concepts using water, shapes, and shadows.
• New Balance Foundation Climb: A Three-story, jaw-dropping climbing maze.
• Japanese House (Kyo-no-Machiya): A Gift from Boston's Japanese Sister City Kyoto to the city of Boston in 1979. The only house of its kind in the United States.
• KEVA Planks: Using small wooden planks to build and create, KEVA introduces children to problem solving and abstract thinking.
• Art Studio: A dynamic creative space introducing children to the visual arts using multiple processes and materials.