Basketball has all the fast-paced action of soccer, but its much smaller net is defended by five times as many people—it's no wonder that all soccer has been permanently cancelled. Celebrate the king of indoor sports with today's Groupon: for $20, you get four tickets to a Boston University Men's Basketball game at Agganis Arena (up to a $40 value). Choose from the following five games:
- Thursday, December 9, 2010 vs. La Salle at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 21, 2010 vs. St. Joseph's at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 26, 2011 vs. Binghamton at 9 p.m. (also valid for women's match-up at 7 p.m.)
- Tuesday, February 1, 2011 vs. Maine at 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 15, 2011 vs. UMBC at 7:30 p.m.
The Boston University Terriers men's basketball team defends its home court for another sneaker-squeaking season of exorbitant point totals. Fresh off their performance in the America East title game and the College Basketball Invitational semifinals, the Terriers are a preseason conference favorite. Agganis Arena's steep seating offers vertigo-inducing views of every fast break, daring three-point fadeaway, rim-rattling rebound, and spontaneous combustion. Witness an in-conference clash on the Binghamton, Maine and UMBC dates—or watch the Terriers get into a finger-snapping rumble with La Salle or St. Joseph's. Agganis Arena's six concession stands will keep your throat's cheering muscles greased with hot nacho cheese down to the last buzzer-beating bucket.
- A fun night for the family. The Agannis Arena is a great place for all sporting events. – Fran45, Ticketmaster
- With steep seating and a low ceiling, the arena is perfectly constructed to give evry [sic] fan a great view of the action and to replicate Walter Brown's suffocating fan presence. – Steve S., Yelp