Not since the last '80s-night happy hour has there been such a good chance to express your inner self under conditions of mild intoxication. With this Groupon, $20 gets you $40 toward any event from Bottles & Brushes, a local group offering artistic instruction in a social atmosphere. Your Groupon will get you guidance and instruction from a Chicago artist, with paint and canvas included, at the upcoming event of your choice (prices range from $35 to $65). Grab this deal and bring along a bottle of wine as you treat your inner artist, who has been so dispirited ever since your spec script for Ghost Dad 2: Too Ghost Dad! was rejected.
Once you have your Groupon, you can read the artist bios to see whose wing you’d like to be under. Then choose one of the many scheduled weekly events, or put your Groupon toward a private party or corporate event and have Bottles & Brushes come to a venue of your choice ($35 per person for a two-hour workshop, $45 per person for a three-hour workshop). The sage artistic masters at Bottles & Brushes will help you realize your own game-changing vision, or assist you in the re-creation of one of their own venerable works. When you’re finished, an electric hum of creative energy will harmonize with your wine buzz as you bring your new artistic perspective to bear on personal relationships, work jobs, and the delicate question of whether to live a dissipated and tragic life.
Don’t listen to the voice in your head telling you that you’re not a creative person. That voice is wrong, and this Groupon is the chance to prove it. Under the soothing influence of wine and good company, your boldest visions and most hidden techniques will surface pleasantly on the canvas, like dolphins of the soul peering up curiously at the dazzled onlookers.
Note: Pre-registration is required to attend any Bottles & Brushes event. Click here for more information and to reserve a space.
- My inner artist is elated! What a fantastic concept! – Cicele B.
- Who ever thought of the idea that is Bottles and Brushes is a freakin genius! – Rashonda K.
- It's just a unique idea and who doesn't like getting together with friends over a bottle of wine while creating something you can cherish forever! – Rachel G.
History's great artists have all known the secret to producing classic works: become inspired by the freeing effects of alcohol. Here's how a few different drinks can inspire your inner artist:
- Wine: A leisurely sipped glass of wine was a favorite tool of Michelangelo, who used it to refresh himself in between shouting at a block of marble until it turned into a statue. Drinking wine can inspire painting-worthy visions of pastoral fields, gentle streams, and murderous swarms of enlarged bees blotting out the sun in order to influence the price of grain.
- Beer: A cold beer will make you want to put pen to paper and begin writing the great American novel. Here's a tip: Write the story of a protagonist who’s basically just like yourself, but with a tragic backstory that redeems his or her flaws. Writing it on an antique typewriter is just as rewarding as writing something good.
- Scotch: Pair a smooth scotch with some paints, a pre-stretched canvas covered with liquid white, and some Joy of Painting DVDs in order to create a soothing nature scene and to fondly remember your youth, when you were strangely jealous of Bob Ross’s hair.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.