Golfing with a friend enhances a day on the greens, especially if that friend is an amphibious fish-man who recovers balls from water hazards. Swing into friendship with today's Groupon to Boulder Creek Golf Course in Langdon. Choose between the following options:
- For $39, you get a golf outing for one (up to a $74.50 total value).
- For $69, you get a golf outing for two (up to a $131 total value).
Each golf outing is valid Monday–Friday or after 2 p.m. on weekends and holidays and includes:
- 18 holes of golf (up to a $46 value per person)
- Power cart (an $18 value)
- A bucket of balls at the driving range (a $5 value per person)
- A beverage that includes either a beer or a fountain pop (up to a $5.50 value/person)
Located just outside of Calgary's eastern city limits, Boulder Creek Golf Course challenges players on a par 72 course stretching up to 6,963 yards. Designed by local course architect and grass-whisperer Ron Ehlert, the layout integrates 30 acres of water that reach 14 of the 18 holes. A power cart equipped with GPS lets linksmen traverse the rolling terrain and avoid spots known to attract feral mowing tractors. After conquering the greens, the nearly 300-yard driving range hones long play and also offers a practice green where players can work on chipping and putting. A choice of beer or fountain pop provides post-play refreshment, and the fully stocked pro shop rents clubs ($24 for 18 holes) to those who tied their clubs into bows after playing strength-based truth or dare.
Boulder Creek Golf Course
The course at Boulder Creek demands both strength and control as players knock dimpled orbs about the 6,963-yard Ron Ehlert design. Each challenger must remain wary of the terrain’s most prominent feature: the 30 acres of water that confront play on 14 of the 18 holes. Despite the daunting watery depths, the course caters to all levels of golfer with five sets of tee boxes that render the course as short as 5,272 yards or as long as 6,963 yards. Additionally, an on-site practice facility comprised of a 300-yard driving range and a putting green offers an ideal spot to limber up before a round or practice for the professional mini-golf circuit.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Five sets of tees per hole
- Total length of 6,963 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 72.2 from the back tees
- Course slope of 125 from the back tees
- Designed by Ron Ehlert