After-school programs provide kids with lasting memories, lifelong friendships, and the opportunity to capture flags without causing an international incident. Give kids something to do with today’s Groupon: for $29, a child between the age of 6 and 12 gets to attend one month of an after-school program at Boys & Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound. Choose from eight locations:
- Lakewood, with snacks and meals included.
- Bremerton, with snacks included.
- Al Davies, with snacks and meals included.
- Cheney Family, with meals available for additional fee.
- East Side, with snacks and meals included.
- D.A. Gonyea, with snacks and meals included.
- Henry T. Schatz, with snacks and meals included.
- South Kitsap at Sidney Glen Elementary or Orchard Heights Elementary, with snacks included.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound offers young people a variety of resources designed to help them stay in school, avoid negative influences, build character, and make good fashion choices when dressing pet mannequins. Each locale engages elementary-age children with a multitude of interactive after-school pursuits focused on arts, technology, sports, fitness, and advanced lunar cartography. Youngsters break into groups based on their interests, and each session incorporates a skill-honing lesson. Kids may also enlist the aid of an instructor for homework help, should training dogs to do math formulas fail.
Programs run until 7 p.m. at all locations except for those in South Kitsap and Bremerton, which close at 6:30 p.m. due to heavy glue storms. The Boys & Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound offers bus transportation from many area schools; view the list here.